Chick Board... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 08:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Traynor2501

Default Chick Board...

So yeah I finally convinced my girl to go snowboarding with me last year... Guess what? She loved it..
Now we're trying to find a nice little toy for her thats decently priced...

She's 5'8", 140lbs, 10 in womans, right now shes still working on just playing on the hills over here in South korea..., Shes 22 so def not growing anymore. Like I said we're living in South Korea which means lots of man-made snow... we also want to spend less then $300US on the stick itself.

We were looking at the '08 Ride Vista since I love Ride, but i've never helped a girl buy a board so any chicks out there with some experience, I would greatly appreciate it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2007, 08:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
N~R~G

i can't give much advice, but i'll tell you what i ride...which is a rome vinyl.

and i don't want to speak for boarderaholic, but being that i've read many of her advice given to others, she will say for a good & cheap beginners board to go with atomic's line of boards.

so maybe check into those two.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quit reading my mind! Hahaha! But yeah, Atomic, Rome, Ride, Salomon are all fantastic companies.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Traynor2501

Thanks for the help.

WE ended up getting her a Nitro 153cm Fate that a couple of old friends in Coloardo said was a decent starter board, and I got here the cheap Flow pro-amp something or another. We just need to get some boots its gonna be interesting here cause she has size 10 in womens which comes out to like 155s or something like that. I wished we could have gotten this Atomic were looking at over here in korea but that failed ahs well. This looks like a decent board, we got off the-house which was a pleasant surprise.

Would she get away with wearing a pair of Men's / Juniors boots? Other then style(which I don't think she worries aboot since she dating me :-P) Not sure if they would support her feet in the same way...

Thanks again for all the input...
Old 10-30-2007, 08:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

As long as the boots fit her feet, why not? Mens boots just tend to be bigger is all.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

when I was picking out a board for my girl 2yrs ago it was between the Ride Vista and I believe the Nitro Fate as well. We went for the Ride because she liked the graphic better and they were equally priced and both boards are good beginner decks so you did well. She loves her vista but you didn't make a bad choice with the Nitro either
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote