Decision dilemma! Lib tech or NS? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Decision dilemma! Lib tech or NS?

So its like this... I waited a little too long this season to scoop on my first choice for a new board, a Lib Dark Series BTX 161w. I'm currently on a '05 Dark Series (161w) and was looking forward to upgrading to the BTX. I love my DS. Great pop, super skatey feel, and built in risers for my big-ass feet. Adding BTX just makes it that much better. That said, I can't find one anywhere. Part 1 of my dilemma.

Now I've been lurking here for a while and have seen the love that the NS Legacy-R gets, and it turns out I can get one at a good price locally, in either 159 or 161. This board seems to be VERY similar to the Lib. It's a serious contender, but I'm not sure if I'll have any drag issues and if I really want something so similar in size to the board I already have. Dilemma: Part 2.

Finally, while looking at the Legacy, I got to compare it to the Revolver-R and was really surprised to see that they were very similar in flex and size. This just complicates things more. I ride about 80% of the time in SoCal and definitely hit the park about 30-40% time. And as much as Never Summer claims that the Revolver is a park board, it seems that it could be quite comparable to the Legacy, and maybe a little more versatile for the conditions I ride. Dilemma.

So I guess it's really coming down to whether I should wait till next year for the new Lib DS, or grab up either the Legacy or the Revolver. And which one of those 2 would I be most happy with...

Help!
Um...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2009, 08:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

If you ride that much park, buy the Revolver. It will still hold a great edge on steeps, but you'll it's more suited for the park.
scottland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottland View Post
If you ride that much park, buy the Revolver. It will still hold a great edge on steeps, but you'll it's more suited for the park.
I almost want to say f it and buy both...

I'm about 90% sure I'm going to get one of the Never Summers, but still not sure which one? I'm 6'2" 185lbs and 161 isn't exactly the best park size.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm 200#, ride a SLR 161, and I've taken it on some hairy terrain, and never questioned the edge hold.

For mostly park, you should be fine with a 155 or 158. The vario-sidecut really does work.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

And the SLR is the little brother to the Legacy right? How does it ride? And what terrain do you ride mostly with it?

I'm losing my mind trying to decide between the two. Analysis-paralysis.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Correct, the SL is the non-wide Legacy. As for terrain, I take it everywhere.

I was just in Telluride the weekend of the 16th, and was taking it down the steepest terrain(mainly chutes and super steep tight trees) you can find for three straight days, and i never questioned the edge-hold. Then this Saturday I was at my local mountain(Snowbowl in flagstaff), with about 6-20" of powder in the tree, and this thing floats effortlessly. It has way more pop than my Custom has, and it is super easy to butter.

The best way I can describe it, is it just does everything well everywhere. It's not a super noodle-ly jibstick, and it's not a 100% powder board for chest high fluff, but it KILLS everything in between
Old 01-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks scottland. Big help man!