Burton Missions with bulky boots - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 06:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Missions with bulky boots

Hey hey,

I can get a really good deal on 2009 burton mission bindings but a bit worried about the toe strap staying put on my boots. I have salamon dialogue boots and the toes are a bit rounded which i fear might result in the strap slipping. Since i can't test it before i buy i'd like to know if people experienced any issues with the toe strap slipping or otherwise causing issues on bulkier boots.

R.
remonvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2009, 07:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i have a pair of burton customs with the toe strap and used them with an old pair of burton FS boots which were big, bulky and rounded. the toe straps slipped all the time on them. just upgrades to 32 boots this year and have had no problems since. so yes, depending on how big and bulky you might have some slipping problems.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

did you have the 2008 bindings or 2009? i do know the 2009 versions have ribs on the inside of the strap to avoid slipping. Either way, not the news i was hoping for, but thanks
remonvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
iggnew

Quote:
Originally Posted by remonvv View Post
Hey hey,

I can get a really good deal on 2009 burton mission bindings but a bit worried about the toe strap staying put on my boots. I have salamon dialogue boots and the toes are a bit rounded which i fear might result in the strap slipping. Since i can't test it before i buy i'd like to know if people experienced any issues with the toe strap slipping or otherwise causing issues on bulkier boots.

R.
I have the 06/07 missions and salamon dialogues and they work fine, the newer ones don't look much different. Just make sure the binding is the right size for the boots. My 10.5 boots are just barely big enough for the large bindings. I have to crank the heel strap all the way down. I think mediums would have been a better choice.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I was at a local ski/board shop (its a franchise) this weekend and yakking with the guy who sold me some of my equipment a few weeks back.

He said that by far, most of the bindings that get returned to them are Burtons. I'd go with a different brand, chief! Try some Head P4's... I like mine!
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote