Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Never Summer Evo stolen back to old board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/122217-never-summer-evo-stolen-back-old.html)

Judge 01-23-2014 07:53 PM

Never Summer Evo stolen back to old board

Had my new evo stolen at North Star 3 days ago after such a killer day, was such a bummer. Went up with my old 06 Santa Cruz and it just rode like such an anchor was so stiff, i dont know if it was a mental thing but it just really threw off my riding. Anyone else go from a super flexible camber/rocker new board back to an old stiff flat base felt so much different i couldn't ride the same features?

cav0011 01-23-2014 08:31 PM

Meh it's in your head. Then again 90% of snowboarding is in your head. So if the board you are on doesnt feel right you will mentally stop yourself from riding as well as you would when comfy.

MJP 01-23-2014 09:35 PM

Going to strap/glue/hide one of these on my board and keep my phone close by while I'm eating lunch. God forbid I catch the bastard stealing my board...

Tile

Varza 01-23-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJP (Post 1465417)
Going to strap/glue/hide one of these on my board and keep my phone close by while I'm eating lunch. God forbid I catch the bastard stealing my board...

Tile

Are they waterproof? And it looks like they're fairly close-range. It will only help you if said bastard passes by someone who has the app. Plus, it, erm... only lasts a year...

Cool idea, but a bit too small-scale for our stolen board needs I'm afraid. I'll stick with my cable lock.

To OP, sorry to hear you lost your board, it really sucks! But, um... lock the nice board up next time, maybe?

Argo 01-23-2014 10:45 PM

Fucking thieves.

I take my board everywhere with me if someone I trust isn't in Eye shot. When I take a shit, it's in the stahl with me.

Judge 01-24-2014 12:10 AM

Yeah its probably all mental was just still pissed about the board. Left for a sec to use the bathroom came back and it was gone been checking craigslist and filed a police report but i doubt ill see it again. Never leaving a board out of my sight again

snowklinger 01-24-2014 02:31 AM

i wish someone would steal my proto, i mean i certainly can't afford a new one but its like riding a cheese grater lately :P

Tatanka Head 01-24-2014 02:32 AM

My friends in Switzerland laughed at me when i busted out the cable lock on my board. It was a habit I picked up in California. Better safe than sorry! Sorry to hear about your board, and glad you didn't steal another one to make up for it...but the thought did cross your mind, didn't it?:D

timmytard 01-24-2014 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 1465521)
Fucking thieves.

I take my board everywhere with me if someone I trust isn't in Eye shot. When I take a shit, it's in the stahl with me.

Ditto, I've had people say "you can't bring that in here"

Hahahaha,:laugh::laugh: get the fuck outa my face.:laugh::laugh:

Try & stop me.:bowdown:

TT

timmytard 01-24-2014 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge (Post 1465217)
Had my new evo stolen at North Star 3 days ago after such a killer day, was such a bummer. Went up with my old 06 Santa Cruz and it just rode like such an anchor was so stiff, i dont know if it was a mental thing but it just really threw off my riding. Anyone else go from a super flexible camber/rocker new board back to an old stiff flat base felt so much different i couldn't ride the same features?

Nah, it's in your head man. I have boards older than that, that I love ridin'.

I just don't ride them the same as my newer R&C decks.

I blew out the edge on my favorite deck, my beloved Heritage X. RIP.
Final result, it's dead.

There has been so little snow this year, I'm not bringin' anymore good boards out.

I've rode an assortment of old shitty decks this year.

Ah, fuck, who am I kiddin':dunno:

Ridin' shitty old boards, sucks.:RantExplode:

But not all old boards are shitty.:huh:

I have a feeling you'll find it:thumbsup:

TT