Advice on FREESTYLE setup. (Reverse Camber?) ?!?! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Gusto88

Talking Advice on FREESTYLE setup. (Reverse Camber?) ?!?!

Hey guys

Looking at a new freestyle board, for 100% park riding. I want something with tons of flex, that can eat up rails, bumps and jumps. This board is going to be used for strictly the park. I already have p1.1 bindings and hail boots - I just need the board. Right now I have been looking at a few board but I need some advice and suggestions!
1st board I was looking at was the Ride dh 159. 2nd board was the Rome Artifact 159. I am also interested in Reverse camber... so I might even look at the Rome Artifact 1985. I weigh 186 lbs, and I am 6'2"... with boot size 10.5. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Also, what do you guys think about size? 159? ... 156?

Right now I am riding pow with a supermodel x 65 which is great for ripping it - but I need a board for 100% so badly. Hit me up if you have any suggestions about boards and sizes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
jjin

I don't even think you need such a long board. For park and jumps you would be better off with a 156 or 157.

I'm 6'1 200lbs and my jib board is a 153 lib tech and my all mountain is a 157 DC pbj. If you want the best in park boards get a k2 www rocker. Jibpan is alright too. If you're looking to go big on kickers and jumps, you need a stiffer stick. If just jibbing you would want a buttery soft board for rails and presses. You can make a compramise and pick somethng in between.

If you're a big balla get a never summer. I've demo'd most of their boards and they're simply amazing.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
krazykay5487

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjin View Post
If you're a big balla get a never summer. I've demo'd most of their boards and they're simply amazing.
Sorry this is off topic but how do you demos boards?
Old 01-26-2009, 03:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
D.Ho

Check with the mountain that you're visiting. It's similar to renting equipment.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For a rail slayer that kills jumps look at the CAPiTA Stair/Scaremaster. A 156 will do you good. For more stability and a smother ride upgrade to either the Extreme or the Indoor Survival. If you're hitting jumps more than 25% of the time then something like the WWW or Artifact will probably be too soft. Also look at the Darkstar, Graft, DH, Era, and Evo-R.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

if you are looking to do only park why get a freestyle board? get a park stick. jibpan is very good for the price and way better then the WWW for solely park.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gusto88

thanks guys!
Also, What do you think of the artifact 1985...
and just reverse camber in general?