sidewall damage...serious or nah? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 12:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default sidewall damage...serious or nah?

After going over my board after a recent trip, I discovered this nick the sidewall right above my edge. I was thinking of sanding the area then putting some epoxy in. Any suggestions? Nearly all of the lbs here in nyc are retail only establishments. I found one shop that does repairs but it's about a hr away. Any advice would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140124_121309.jpg (49.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg 20140124_121103.jpg (48.6 KB, 48 views)
eli783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nope, should be good. Exactly as you said, throw some epoxy in there and smooth as desired.
lab49232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks man. I'll head to the depot soon
Old 01-24-2014, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm just wondering if lib would warranty it for me? Even though it's two yrs old, it doesn't even have 30 days on it. I've been reading about other's epoxy jobs n they seem like them eventually give out. I may just suck it up n commute out to the shop that may be able to fix it
Old 01-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

not bad enough imo to drive and pay some schlep...if you want a tighter hold of epoxy you could get in there with an x-acto blade and rough it up, try to back cut/bevel the sidewall material a bit so it cant pop out too easy...what a shop guy does will also fall eventually, probably sooner than what you do. you too will need to fix it occasionally, no biggie, no fear
CassMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassMT View Post
not bad enough imo to drive and pay some schlep...if you want a tighter hold of epoxy you could get in there with an x-acto blade and rough it up, try to back cut/bevel the sidewall material a bit so it cant pop out too easy...what a shop guy does will also fall eventually, probably sooner than what you do. you too will need to fix it occasionally, no biggie, no fear
Exactly. Don't pay a shop. Clean it out as much as possible and give the epoxy something to really hold on to. Also use a longer dry epoxy as opposed to the quick dry 5 minute stuff. It will hold and last longer. Really nothing to worry about. All you are doing is making sure nothing tears out and no moisture gets in to the core but that's super minor damage and a lot of people ride with much worse never fixing it.
lab49232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Lol thanks guys. I baby the shit out of this board. I'll give the self repair a try. The commute to the shop is worse than paying the schleps lol