First setup!!!!!!! need bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wardog826

Default First setup!!!!!!! need bindings

Well here it is.....my first setup the only thing missing is the bindings which I am having a hard time figuring out which ones are better than other but here it is please send me some links and tell me what you think!

Pants - Burton
Burton.com

Jacket – Burton
Burton.com

Goggles – Spy
Extreme Gear - Burton Snowboard Backpacks, Ride Bindings & K2 Snowboards

Hat – Level
Extreme Gear - Burton Snowboard Backpacks, Ride Bindings & K2 Snowboards
The white one

Gloves – Rome
Rome Bowery Glove | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2008

Boots – Atomic
Atomic Snowboarding

Board – Atomic
Atomic Cold smoke 2007 - product details, tests and photos

Last edited by Wardog826; 10-10-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2007, 03:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'd like to hear other peoples experiences about Atomic boards, I know 3 people last year with Alibis and all of them had an issue with the top sheet peeling and separating. However this might be an Alibi specific problem. I dont know.

Also you dont need the best equipment, you need beginner equipment. Getting something higher end can mean its too responsive and stiff and usually ends up slowing your progression down in the long run.

Oh and those gloves are girls gloves just by the way

Last edited by Snowjoe; 10-10-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wardog826

tx for the advice but i talked to an instructor who said that "a terrific board that has a high intermediate rating is the Atomic Cold Smoke. What is nice though it that it is such a stable, forgiving board that it is not a difficult board to manage as a beginner and the price is reasonable."
Old 10-10-2007, 04:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thats cool. One thing to remember is everything instructors say isnt gospel though. Me, Snowolf and PauloSmythe are all instructors on here and to be fair we'd all say different things, I would probably go on all day about how much I'd recommend Ride to people .

All I'm saying is maybe try get some more info on the Atomic if its from last season. I know for sure the Alibi had an issue which was pretty widly known and they were actually offering to replace them for the guys at the end of the season. If they use the same process on the topsheet on the Cold Smoke then there could well be a similar problem so maybe try find out a bit more.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wardog826

Im gonna go and look into that and read some reviews on the board, thank you. While I am at it is there a specific board that you would recommend for me ?

and btw Snowolf is where I heard it from
Old 10-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
MassMan

didnt you say you were a beginner?

and what is your job...you must have money commin in big time to spend on all that
Old 10-10-2007, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wardog826

yes I am a beginner and I am a chef at a country club dont make that much its just that I dont spend my money very often and I dont spend money on little stupid things, I save and just invest largly into new things that I do. (I did the same thing when I took up golf and guitar)

Money just isnt a big issue for me atm and I really dont care how much I spend

Last edited by Wardog826; 10-10-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowjoe
Thats cool. One thing to remember is everything instructors say isnt gospel though. Me, Snowolf and PauloSmythe are all instructors on here and to be fair we'd all say different things, I would probably go on all day about how much I'd recommend Ride to people .
You forgot about me!!
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardog826
Im gonna go and look into that and read some reviews on the board, thank you. While I am at it is there a specific board that you would recommend for me ?

and btw Snowolf is where I heard it from
Fair. Well to be fair I'm guess Snowolf will know if theres not an issue, and he wouldnt recommend something that wont be alright for you. I'm not saying there will be and issue because I would have thought it was just an issue with the Alibis. Snowolfs probably better person to recommend that than me seeing as I live in England and have ridden in and around Banff which is a pretty commercial area. There your looking at Ride, Rome and Burton alot of the time. Which means alot of smaller brands are left undiscovered for me at the moment

HERES A BIG MENTION TO THE BEST INSTRUCTOR BOARDERAHOLIC!! I didnt realise sorry for leaving you out
Old 10-10-2007, 07:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
st.stark

Just one thing of note, if you are going to be spending that kinda money on goggles, I would go with a nice pair of Oakley Wisdoms or some Dragons... Just my $0.02.