Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Indoor Survival FK vs DOA vs Ultrafear (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/122625-indoor-survival-fk-vs-doa-vs.html)

tlatmdeh 01-26-2014 02:38 AM

Indoor Survival FK vs DOA vs Ultrafear

Indoor Survival FK vs DOA vs Ultrafear vs Stepchild FTW

Help with these comparisons.

Apparently 2014 Indoor Survival FK has EXTRUDED base(it was always sintered), and 2014 DOA(defenders of awesome) is SINTERED(it was always extruded..).. I guess they adjusted it because DOA Is higher priced than Indoor Survival, and I wondered why DOA had extruded while Indoor had sintered last year..

The price is goes from (descending) Ultrafear=Stepchild FTW>DOA>Indoor Survival FK.

Only about $25 difference. I live in Canada.

Any thoughts will be appreciated. I want a board that can jib a little bit, safely land small jumps yet be stable when carving. May need some kind of grip tech because of multiple conditions that I ride in (diff. countries), but not too worried for now.

I do need to note, however, that cruising and basically fu**ing around is my favroite way to snowboard, no big jumps, no rails, no boxes. I like to do ollies, maybe pop a 360 sometimes. I like to go on small jumps at the side of slopes, and jump off of anything that looks fun.

The bottom line is, everything can be medicore except for the ability to hold the edge and be forgiving, and TURN and CARVE when I want it to, without problems. I do a lot of stupid sh**, and I need a stable snowboard that can withstand it. I don't want a board that wobbles when I get some speeed, which is why I did not chose any softer boards.

That's a lot of stuff, but please help!

Riley212 01-26-2014 06:56 AM

i think the DOA matches what you want best, the camber in it will make it the most stable and carve better. the others will feel sketchier at speed.

readimag 01-26-2014 07:35 AM

Yeah the DOA is what you are looking for I have last years in a 154 and it is stable at speed.

tlatmdeh 01-26-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readimag (Post 1471665)
Yeah the DOA is what you are looking for I have last years in a 154 and it is stable at speed.

Thanks guys. I think doa is the best fit for me, too. I also love the fact that its sintered base now. Waxing is time consuming but i love doing it and extruded bases sometimes take that away. Might wait for new graphics for next year, though

24WERD 01-26-2014 07:39 PM

knowing your weight will also help for how stable the board is and boot size.

tlatmdeh 01-26-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24WERD (Post 1473465)
knowing your weight will also help for how stable the board is and boot size.

I'm about 200 pounds and 6'1.

I used to be around 150 when I started snowboarding so I started with a GNU Carbon Credit 152 and now I've obvious grown out of it.

The reason I'm changing it now is because I couldn't snowboard last 2 seasons due to a lot of things and during that time I also started working out and grew up a lot(just reached 20).

My foot size is around 9.5~10.5. Large bindings.