Buying a Park board help! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 01:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Buying a Park board help!

hi guys, i am in the market for a nice park board that i can hit rails and boxes with, some small jumps etc... also i would like it to be no sooooo soft that i can't take some tricks out of the park, but i am pretty light so i bet even some soft boards feel stiff to me. Keep in mind i am a pretty good rider, but am looking to progress into the park, i can do some simple boxes and jumps but not much more, so a simple jib board will do.

I have been looking into these because i like the things i hear bout em, and the prices!

152 Capita stairmaster
148 k2 www
148 k2 www rocker
153 rome artifact
152 ride kink

Currently i ride a 156 07-08 Rome Agent which i love, but is more of my all mtn. board as it is prob too stiff and big for me in the park.

height: 6'0
Weight: 140 lbs
Boot size: 10.5
Bindings: Ride RX
Location: Southern CA, so like Bear Mtn. Snow summit, mtn. high etc...

Which would you pick for me? if you have ne other boards to recommend that would great!
twin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 02:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

well the k2 and artifact are some of the softest boards out there, generally not for leaving the park. the capita is on the stiffer end of freestyle decks, and is well known for its ability inside and outside of the park. dont know much about the kink, but with your description i would definetly say the capita. it can be taken anywhere on the mt and come back to the park and tear it up..great board for jumping as well..
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

thanks alot! also i was just looking, and does ne1 know ne thing about the capita Horrorscope FK?? its capitas rocker board, and it is pretty cheap too
Old 01-27-2009, 03:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

its softer then the stairmaster i know, but i have never seen it in person to compare it to the artifact 1985 or www. im assuming its a tad bit stiffer then the 2, but i have also heard people say capita rushed it to get into the rocker game with the horrorscope..
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I wouldn't recommend a rocker if your starting to learn jumps. Learn them before you get a rocker. Its somewhat more difficult. The Horrorscope may have been rushed but it ended up being a really solid board. Those that already have the skills to kill the mountain have called it a quiver killer.

I recommend the Stairmaster though. If you don't plan to take the board anywhere deep then I actually suggest a 148. I had a Scare 148 and the only thing I couldn't ride on it was deep snow. It will be plenty pressable but still give you pop and stability for jumps.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

hmmm 148 you say, are you sure i wont be losing a bunch of stability if i wana take it out of the park a little? lso i thought i might get toe drag on a 148 cause it is little narrower, as of now on my rome its 25.2 width and i ride 15/-6 without any toe drag.
i wont have any problem with riding a 148 in powder cause one in so cal we dont really get any, and 2 i got a 156 rome agnet for that. if you dont mind me asking how much do you weigh and how tall are you and boot size?