You've got your eye on a board, when will you pull the trigger? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default You've got your eye on a board, when will you pull the trigger?

I want to get a second board that I don't really need but just want. My next board I'm looking at is an Evil Twin. I've been watching for a couple of weeks now and k5.com had my size (159) and had it get sold out twice at a sale price of $350...

I almost pulled the trigger a handful of times but I keep telling myself I'll get it cheaper in March if I just wait and I wouldn't really need it this season anyway (although there is a certain level I'd spend more to get to run it a couple of times this season).

So my question is when's the right time. After seeing k5 go out of stock twice at $350 am I really going to get that much better of a deal in March? I don't want them to get sold out, but I know I could always stock ebay...

And what do you think they'll get down too late or after season $300-$250 potentially?

Any guidance is appreciated and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask Mods.
KnightedIbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 08:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

im so bad at pulling the trigger, i never do it because i always want the next best deal, or i always want another board...bataleon boards might never make it to a clearance this year though..
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
RndmManiak

I got my board for 40% off, effectively making it $180, off season. But honestly, there's another board I'm looking at, and it being about $350 also, I'm just going to do, there's no point in waiting until off season and hoping it gonna be there. (And it helps the two boards I'm looking at aren't stocked anywhere in my town.)
Old 01-27-2009, 11:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

My new board the Gnu B-Nice was sold out *everywhere* and still priced at $400+ where I could find it (though never in my size). The guy at the Boardroom told me I'd have to wait until their 09-10 reorder at the beginning of next season to buy my board. Total heartbreak, right? Luck and good timing were on my side, and I saw the board online for $340, down from $429. I'm so glad that I picked it up and that I got it for such a steal!! You've done your research, right? So if the apple of your eye is gonna sell out, or go up in price next year, just grow a pair and throw down those cc digits now!
mag⋅net⋅ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

I had the same thing happen to me on K5.com with the Ions I ordered. They sold out twice but I guess the order got refused so they went back on sale. I bought them the first chance I got. $200 american for a pair of boots that would have cost me $450 here. I say grab em the first chance you can when you see the right deal.
A quick search came up with this:
EXIT Real World : Snow, Skate, Style
mijinkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for all of the replies

Yeah, the first time the $350 evil twin sold out I was thinking "****! Why didn't I pull the trigger?!?!" Then it came back and I guess I got confident they'd still be around by the end of February. So naturally now that its gone again I'm pissed I didn't man up and buy it.

I checked the ExitRealWorld site (I searched the ends of the internets last night haha) but last night they didn't have my size and now they're all out in every size. Thank you for the help though guys.

Alright, well at least I'm learning. I've seen the limited version for like $380 (not sure if I like that more than the regular), but I guess I know the price I'm going to have to go in at.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

yeah I'm at the same spot.. I am bad with not waiting.. I want instant gratification. That said.. I think I'm going to pull the trigger within a week or two on a Burton Hero. Really was trying not to go burton but hey with a 25% discount to the local ski shop thanks to my club I'm gonna do it.

Eh, I'll just get the K2 WWW just cause i want it later in the season
HouseMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

I think there is always a chance to find previous seasons stuff. The question is how hard are you willing to search? I picked up a pair of 07/08 Rome Targa, L/XL Black back in December 08. I just happened to find a local shop that had one pair left. 50% off. I picked up my Bataleon 07/08 Jam 153 back in December 08 as well. 50% off. I had to call around more, but I found them in SoCal and they were more than happy to ship it to me...
EvoKnvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoKnvl View Post
I think there is always a chance to find previous seasons stuff. The question is how hard are you willing to search? I picked up a pair of 07/08 Rome Targa, L/XL Black back in December 08. I just happened to find a local shop that had one pair left. 50% off. I picked up my Bataleon 07/08 Jam 153 back in December 08 as well. 50% off. I had to call around more, but I found them in SoCal and they were more than happy to ship it to me...
Yeah I want to get some of the 390s in the Black and White - local shop sold out in my size... The problem with Bataleon is find stores that actually carry them. They're no where locally, I'd have to go like 6 hours to get to the nearest store on Bataleon's site.

I see a bunch of Jam's on ebay, and I could honestly go with the Jam or the Riot too, but would prefer the Evil Twin... I'll tell you this much though, its going to be hard for me not to buy if I see it at $350 again.

Edit: Just found out evogear has a price match policy (plus 5% more), going to try to get them to price match (without size since K5 is out of mine). If they do looks like I'll be the new owner of an Evil Twin haha.

Last edited by KnightedIbis; 01-27-2009 at 01:24 PM. Reason: New Info
Old 01-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ok, here's where I got mine. It's actually the same people as the ebay screen name skiracerca. When I first called them, I didn't make the connection. Anyways, he might have more boards then he's listed on ebay. Ask for Josh, he's the manager in charge of the snowboards. He actually ended up giving me a better price than the online price. He'll be happy to tell you what he has left if you're interested in 07/08 Bataleon's as well as the current line. I believe he charges $30 for shipping. Hope that helps.

Stefan Kaelin Ski & Golf - 949-631-3280.
EvoKnvl is offline   Reply With Quote