Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Need a little help - 2010 trs was a bad pick for me (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/122921-need-little-help-2010-trs-bad.html)

Riggidy 01-27-2014 10:49 AM

Need a little help - 2010 trs was a bad pick for me

I've been riding off and on for 8 years. I started on an older Ride board and went for a full upgrade in 2010 and bought the following
2010 Lib Tech TRS BTX - 159
Burton triads
Burton SL10 Boots

I have come to the conclusion that this board is too advanced for me. I'm 42 and I just can't move the way I used to and honestly, I have become a little lazy while riding so i tend to catch an edge or 2.

I've been doing a ton of reading and i think i want either a RCR or full rocker board. (I think....)
Any recommendations?

I'm 6'2" and weight 230 with a 10.5 boot.
Thanks for your help

snowklinger 01-27-2014 10:55 AM

Sounds like you could use a big ol Arbor.

djsaad1 01-27-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riggidy (Post 1475129)
I've been riding off and on for 8 years. I started on an older Ride board and went for a full upgrade in 2010 and bought the following
2010 Lib Tech TRS BTX - 159
Burton triads
Burton SL10 Boots

I have come to the conclusion that this board is too advanced for me. I'm 42 and I just can't move the way I used to and honestly, I have become a little lazy while riding so i tend to catch an edge or 2.

I've been doing a ton of reading and i think i want either a RCR or full rocker board. (I think....)
Any recommendations?

I'm 6'2" and weight 230 with a 10.5 boot.
Thanks for your help

You could probably find an older 2012 or 2013 arbor coda or blacklist for pretty cheap. You could also do a skate banana or attack banana, all those boards are easy to get on edge and are forgiving.

Riggidy 01-27-2014 11:27 AM

Thanks for the replies...

What size skate banana? Would a 2012 skate banana 159 for $250 be a good deal? I have a friend selling one but i thought it would be a little small for me.

Also, i'll add. I'm not really on a budget but im also not trying to break the bank.

Riley212 01-27-2014 11:29 AM

i agree with the coda or blacklist suggestion, would also add the K2 raygun, its a forgiving easy ride and pretty inexpensive.

ridinbend 01-27-2014 11:40 AM

Btx is full banana/rocker. It's going to very forgiving as it stands. A skate banana is going to be almost identical to the trs with btx. I wouldn't recommend buying another board until you demo some different boards. Another board is not going to immediately resolve the issues you describe. Before you buy a board, a lesson might help bolster your confidence and better your technique.

16gkid 01-27-2014 11:47 AM

Rossignol One magtek, rcr catch free profile

djsaad1 01-27-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridinbend (Post 1475329)
Btx is full banana/rocker. It's going to very forgiving as it stands. A skate banana is going to be almost identical to the trs with btx. I wouldn't recommend buying another board until you demo some different boards. Another board is not going to immediately resolve the issues you describe. Before you buy a board, a lesson might help bolster your confidence and better your technique.

I agree with the lesson, but the 2010 trs had c2, I think 2008 was the last year they did full btx on the trs.

OP - What kind of riding do you do? And where do you do it?

I have had a trs with c2, a coda and an attack banana. The coda and attack banana are easier to get on edge, it barely takes any effort at all.

But if you are having issues with a 2010 trs you probably could use a refresh lesson, you might have an easier time with the full rocker boards but you should still fix your technique either way.

ridinbend 01-27-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsaad1 (Post 1475361)
I agree with the lesson, but the 2010 trs had c2, I think 2008 was the last year they did full btx on the trs.

OP - What kind of riding do you do? And where do you do it?

I have had a trs with c2, a coda and an attack banana. The coda and attack banana are easier to get on edge, it barely takes any effort at all.

But if you are having issues with a 2010 trs you probably could use a refresh lesson, you might have an easier time with the full rocker boards but you should still fix your technique either way.

You are right, I apologize for getting that mixed up. So basically it had a similar camber profile to the attack banana(c2/ec2). Still a very forgiving board in my opinion. I wouldn't consider that board an advanced rider board. You could easily enjoy what you have with a bit more instruction. Lessons aren't just for beginners.

Edit: The 2010 trs was full btx.
http://www.evo.com/outlet/snowboards...snowboard.aspx

Riggidy 01-27-2014 12:24 PM

I will agree that a lesson is probably in order. And will probably sign myself up for one.
As far as riding ... I just get down the hill without any of the fancy stuff. No park related stuff. My 7 year old just started riding so i'll probably spend most of my time chasing him on greens and blues with a go pro.
I ride mostly in tahoe with an occasional big bear trip.

I read good things about the one magtek but had a concern when another member with my build posted a picture of his cracked board.