Need a little help - 2010 trs was a bad pick for me - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need a little help - 2010 trs was a bad pick for me

I've been riding off and on for 8 years. I started on an older Ride board and went for a full upgrade in 2010 and bought the following
2010 Lib Tech TRS BTX - 159
Burton triads
Burton SL10 Boots

I have come to the conclusion that this board is too advanced for me. I'm 42 and I just can't move the way I used to and honestly, I have become a little lazy while riding so i tend to catch an edge or 2.

I've been doing a ton of reading and i think i want either a RCR or full rocker board. (I think....)
Any recommendations?

I'm 6'2" and weight 230 with a 10.5 boot.
Thanks for your help
Riggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned!

Sounds like you could use a big ol Arbor.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggidy View Post
I've been riding off and on for 8 years. I started on an older Ride board and went for a full upgrade in 2010 and bought the following
2010 Lib Tech TRS BTX - 159
Burton triads
Burton SL10 Boots

I have come to the conclusion that this board is too advanced for me. I'm 42 and I just can't move the way I used to and honestly, I have become a little lazy while riding so i tend to catch an edge or 2.

I've been doing a ton of reading and i think i want either a RCR or full rocker board. (I think....)
Any recommendations?

I'm 6'2" and weight 230 with a 10.5 boot.
Thanks for your help

You could probably find an older 2012 or 2013 arbor coda or blacklist for pretty cheap. You could also do a skate banana or attack banana, all those boards are easy to get on edge and are forgiving.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies...

What size skate banana? Would a 2012 skate banana 159 for $250 be a good deal? I have a friend selling one but i thought it would be a little small for me.

Also, i'll add. I'm not really on a budget but im also not trying to break the bank.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i agree with the coda or blacklist suggestion, would also add the K2 raygun, its a forgiving easy ride and pretty inexpensive.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Btx is full banana/rocker. It's going to very forgiving as it stands. A skate banana is going to be almost identical to the trs with btx. I wouldn't recommend buying another board until you demo some different boards. Another board is not going to immediately resolve the issues you describe. Before you buy a board, a lesson might help bolster your confidence and better your technique.
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rossignol One magtek, rcr catch free profile
16gkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinbend View Post
Btx is full banana/rocker. It's going to very forgiving as it stands. A skate banana is going to be almost identical to the trs with btx. I wouldn't recommend buying another board until you demo some different boards. Another board is not going to immediately resolve the issues you describe. Before you buy a board, a lesson might help bolster your confidence and better your technique.

I agree with the lesson, but the 2010 trs had c2, I think 2008 was the last year they did full btx on the trs.

OP - What kind of riding do you do? And where do you do it?

I have had a trs with c2, a coda and an attack banana. The coda and attack banana are easier to get on edge, it barely takes any effort at all.

But if you are having issues with a 2010 trs you probably could use a refresh lesson, you might have an easier time with the full rocker boards but you should still fix your technique either way.
djsaad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
I agree with the lesson, but the 2010 trs had c2, I think 2008 was the last year they did full btx on the trs.

OP - What kind of riding do you do? And where do you do it?

I have had a trs with c2, a coda and an attack banana. The coda and attack banana are easier to get on edge, it barely takes any effort at all.

But if you are having issues with a 2010 trs you probably could use a refresh lesson, you might have an easier time with the full rocker boards but you should still fix your technique either way.
You are right, I apologize for getting that mixed up. So basically it had a similar camber profile to the attack banana(c2/ec2). Still a very forgiving board in my opinion. I wouldn't consider that board an advanced rider board. You could easily enjoy what you have with a bit more instruction. Lessons aren't just for beginners.

Edit: The 2010 trs was full btx.
http://www.evo.com/outlet/snowboards...snowboard.aspx

Last edited by ridinbend; 01-27-2014 at 11:57 AM.
ridinbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

I will agree that a lesson is probably in order. And will probably sign myself up for one.
As far as riding ... I just get down the hill without any of the fancy stuff. No park related stuff. My 7 year old just started riding so i'll probably spend most of my time chasing him on greens and blues with a go pro.
I ride mostly in tahoe with an occasional big bear trip.

I read good things about the one magtek but had a concern when another member with my build posted a picture of his cracked board.