Which Board to get - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 12:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Luigi6459

Default Which Board to get

Well I'm really stuck right now on which board to get. Basically I've been riding for a couple of years but never had my own snowboard. I'm looking to get a good all around board that will last me a couple years while I get better.

My Choices right now are:

Burton Custom
Lib Tech TRS MTX
Never Summer Premier
Rome Agent

I'm kinda leaning towards the Agent right now but would like some opinions on what's better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2007, 12:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Those are all really good companies. If it was me I'd go with the Libtech or the Rome. I've never ridden a Rome but they get stellar reviews. My ex girlfriend (Ok I still see here here and there ) has been riding her Lib tech for years and years (like 5 years) and the thing is in perfect condition, a very high quality board. I've had a few friends that had issues with their Never Summer boards but this was a long time ago so I'm sure any problems they had have been ironed out by now.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Luigi6459

So I'm about 185 and size 11. I mostly free ride but wanna have a board I can take to the park as well as I get better
Old 10-11-2007, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
LeafRider

Well the only thing i know is that i went with the Lib Tech T Rice Pro Mtx (161.5). The writeup on this board was perfect for "all-mountain / free ride" board type. Not sure how it will perform when i try out the park. But, i needed the extra length in this board as i used to drive a 158 and in the powder and i needed more length. (6ft - 200ish).

I'm not exactly sure the name for the Lib Tech waved edges on the "T Rice Pro Mtx", but this technology is something that intregues me, and worthy of a good test. Good luck in your decision. Don't do Burton i've had too many people tell me it's junk. Burton Vapor is wicked but other then that stay away. I did look into the Ride - Concept TMS UL. @ 750 range i went with Lib Tech instead.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Luigi6459

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get the Rome Agent with some 390's bindings. What I now need to figure out what to get are boots. Should I just go with some Rome Boots as well or are there better boots that are better for the money?

Thanks guys, this has been a real help
Old 10-12-2007, 06:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
djcuba908

I hear a lot of people, but mostly reps from companies, say that bindings and boots do better when you get them from the same company. That being said, go to any mountain, or even look at a lot of pro set ups, and you'll see people using different brands for all their setup parts. Regardless of what you get, find something that has enough flex for your riding style (and right amount of support), something that is also comfortable to wear with the ACTUAL socks you'd be riding with, and if you're big on lacing systems, then that adds more possibilities.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

My reccomendation is to tell the salesmen your spending range and try on every pair of boots that falls within it. Don't buy them online unless you have tried on that model of boot, because every foot is different and every boot is different. I ended up with Burton Ions because they felt the best on my feet and I had some good cash to blow on the boots. It's worth it to spend some decent money on a boot. I've never put much thought to getting boots and bindings made by the same company but I guess it could make sense, and definitely couldn't hurt. If you are unsure of which boot you like rent a few different boots and get some real life experience with them before you buy. Just make sure you get some tough actin tinactin in case the guy before you had some foot problems
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
djcuba908

John Madden "TOUGH ACTIN' TINACTIN!!!" ftw