Bataleon Riot Question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bataleon Riot Question

I've been boarding for about 12 years now and am very good at freeriding and decent in the park. So i'm def not some noob even though i just found this forum . I've been riding an old jamie lynn lib tech 157 for a loong time and looking for something a little less stiff and possibly just a hair longer. Ever since i've come across bataleon and tbt i've been dying to get one of these sticks. But the only thing that worries me is the 159 riot (and evil twin 159) has a 26cm waist and i'm worried that will just be to wide for me and i won't be able to get power to the edges. I'm 6 feet tall about 150lbs at most with full gear and wear a size 9 boot.

I know the best option would be test one out to see what fits me best but finding a bataleon dealer near where i live is a hike in itself. Also the bataleon website says that the tbt will allow you to ride a wider board and it will still feel skinny, but i'm still a little iffy about that claim.

So what do you guys think... go with the 159 riot as i'll be ok with a board that wide, or possibly look into a goliath in either the 157 or 161? Thanks guys .
darkninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i think the reason there boards are that wide is because tbt can make switching edges so easy...
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
i think the reason there boards are that wide is because tbt can make switching edges so easy...
Thats what their site was saying and what is tempting me to say f@#k it and just buy the board already .
Old 01-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member review:

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...iot-159-a.html
markee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markee View Post
Yeah i've been keeping up with that review also , another reason why i'm really leaning towards this board. But didn't want to hijack his thread with my question. Plus he is 6'3" and 200+lbs with 10.5 boots so a good 3" taller and 50lbs heavier.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's really not that wide when you look around at same size boards from other companies that are designed for similar riding. I've never felt like I had to work any harder when going edge to edge.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja View Post
Plus he is 6'3" and 200+lbs with 10.5 boots so a good 3" taller and 50lbs heavier.
So gain some weight?

Seriously though, you could try the Jam, Enemy or Goliath. They all have smaller WW. Or, you could give a 155 ET or Riot a go? They're not much shorter than your current board and have a smaller WW also. The upturned edges help it float in pow, so going a little bit shorter's not going to kill your pow abilities like it normally does with freestyle decks.
Gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Oh, btw...the Jam comes in a wide version, so I'd say go for that.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post
So gain some weight?

Seriously though, you could try the Jam, Enemy or Goliath. They all have smaller WW. Or, you could give a 155 ET or Riot a go? They're not much shorter than your current board and have a smaller WW also. The upturned edges help it float in pow, so going a little bit shorter's not going to kill your pow abilities like it normally does with freestyle decks.
Haha i try but my metabolism just keeps me slim . And thanks for the reply since i know you own the board. My style is super loose but I ride fast as balls so i need a board that is stable at speed... So i guess i'm asking if you think a 155 would be stable as a 159 going all out? Also i'm really not that interested in hitting every rail i see just get some nice airs and solid 3's when i hit the park.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja View Post
My style is super loose but I ride fast as balls so i need a board that is stable at speed... So i guess i'm asking if you think a 155 would be stable as a 159 going all out? Also i'm really not that interested in hitting every rail i see just get some nice airs and solid 3's when i hit the park.
55 won't be as stable as 59. Increased WW & length helps with stability. I don't know how much of a difference it would be though - maybe it's not much at all? Also, since the 3 degree swept up portion of the TBT base starts an inch or so from the edge of the board, you may not have any problems riding a 159 even with size 9 boots.
Gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote