Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Recommendations for a freestyle board for buttering/jibbing and rails (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/123393-recommendations-freestyle-board-buttering-jibbing-rails.html)

Domg 01-28-2014 01:56 PM

Recommendations for a freestyle board for buttering/jibbing and rails

Hey, just wondering if anyone has recommendation for any snowboard(s) that is great for buttering and jibbing; for park style riding with rails and boxes; and also able to hit small to medium sized jumps. I thank you in advance.

I recently purchased the Wild Life wide by Ride snowboard and its great for an all mountain board. It is a stiff board and does not enable me to do butters or play around on the mountain.

I am 5'11" with a foot size of 13 and weigh 200lbs. Any advice and help would be greatfully appreciated and thank you!

CameronFong 01-28-2014 10:33 PM

Although I haven't road all these boards, here are some recommandations .

NS Evo, Beauty for freestyle/Park
Arbor Westmark
Burton Trickpony

JPOW 01-28-2014 10:38 PM

I picked up a Forum Youngblood Doubledog 155W, best jibbing board I've ever ridden

Domg 01-29-2014 09:38 AM

Thanks for the speedy responses. Each board looks pretty good. I'm going to sway more towards a soft flex so I can butter it up on the slopes. I'm open to other suggestions if anyone has them. Thanks again

jdang307 01-29-2014 01:17 PM

K2 WWW. Not a noodle. But fairly soft.

redlude97 01-29-2014 03:29 PM

Ride Machete

pink 02-03-2014 03:19 PM

I'm in the same boat. Size 12 foot. Want something buttery and fun as my TRice pro is a little too stiff for fun stuff.

I called three shops. 1 in Mammoth, 1 in Tahoe and, well, the Burton store in LA.

I got recommendations all over the place but all three didn't care for the skate banana at all which was on my list so I threw that out.

All three called the K2 WWW completely soft and noodley. Wouldn't go off a jump with one.

Mammoth guy said Arbor Draft, Burton Custom X Flying V Restricted, Burton Namdropper or Bataleon Global Warmer. None of which are wide.

Tahoe guy loved Capita. Suggested Capita neverfear or Danny Brizze (sp). Not wide. Said GNU Carbon Credit is going to be stiffer still medium but a little harder to press.

Burton guy said Name Dropper or Super Hero. I asked if the super hero could go off jumps and he said 20-30footers all day long.

Since the Super Hero is the only one out of all those wide enough that's the one I'm leaning toward. Good ride gave it a terrible review. I would have to demo it.

Let me know what you find out.

rcboxer 02-03-2014 10:31 PM

The GNU Street series is A fun buttery board. It's A mid-wide width and is a real fun park board.

kev711 02-03-2014 10:35 PM

I'm not sure is they come in a wide but I used so love buttering and hitting boxes with my signal park rocker but once I started hitting jumps I picked up a Bataleon Disaster and I love it

Domg 02-04-2014 10:03 AM

You guys are all awesome. Thanks for the recommendation, so far I am going to try out the Bataleon Disaster, K2 WWW and Gnu street series. Once I get a chance to demo these boards I'll update on here. Pink, I will let you know which one I went ahead and picked as the winner.