Help to get the perfect board - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Oldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Too Far from Real Vertical
Posts: 372
Default

With size 12 boots, I would suggest that yes, you should be considering a Wide board.

With that as your first given, do you have any chance of being able to Demo anything?

With all of the advice you might get here, there is no better way to find out what is best for you than to demo as many boards as you can. It really doesn't matter what brand you demo, what is most important is to demo the different profiles and find out what you like best. Almost every brand out there has some version of the various profiles.

Given that you are leaning towards Burton, I think you have a great chance of finding a demo day somewhere.

Good luck
__________________
Get it. Wax it. Ride it.
Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
baldylox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,107
Default

You don't buy a board for what you want to do. You buy it for what you actually do. I'd love to need a 176 swallowtail, but I don't.
__________________
baldylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
With size 12 boots, I would suggest that yes, you should be considering a Wide board.

With that as your first given, do you have any chance of being able to Demo anything?

With all of the advice you might get here, there is no better way to find out what is best for you than to demo as many boards as you can. It really doesn't matter what brand you demo, what is most important is to demo the different profiles and find out what you like best. Almost every brand out there has some version of the various profiles.

Given that you are leaning towards Burton, I think you have a great chance of finding a demo day somewhere.

Good luck
Thank you.
Well, I will be in Wagrain, Austria next week. I will likely go rental, unless someone here can help me finalize what to get beforehand. Depending on the choices there, I can off course try different types and give up a few days of riding but I would like to get my own board before leaving
rawlpluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
baldylox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawlpluks View Post
Boots-wise my wife just gave me the Burton Imperial (11 1/2) boots for christmas. I am yet to use em, likely next week.
The Custom X looks amazing, but I am having doubts as to if it would be too advanced for me. A little intimidated perhaps as the last sales person I spoke to also seemed almost in awe of it
If you are in fact carving, no board will ever be too advanced for you. Very stiff boards will bite if you are doing skidded carves and your technique/edge control is not very good. Stiff board + noob = scorpion, butterfly, cartwheel, broken ribs.
__________________
baldylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 107
Default

I agree, but there are a ton of boards on the market that perform great on and off piste.

There's nothing worse than taking out a cambered board on a pow day. The hand stands can be pretty fun, but I'm usually bummed.

I dont know the mountain the OP rides, but I'm assuming they get at least a few pow days a year.

Again, this is all just my personal opinion. There are lots of people who would choose cambered boards all day, but I think most of us can benefit from the new tech on the market.
nsrider121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldylox View Post
doing skidded carves and your technique/edge control is not very good. Stiff board + noob = scorpion, butterfly, cartwheel, broken ribs.
Been there, done all of that but it some years ago
"Skidded carves", is they when you angle/push the end of the board to turn?
I must admit it happens some times for me but mostly if I am unfocused/watching girls...errr.....the kids
rawlpluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsrider121 View Post
the Landlord could work well
Heres a quick rundown on the landlord. 2014 Burton Landlord Snowboard Review - The-House.com - YouTube
Well, I just found a review on EVo that could have been written by me
Burton Family Tree Landlord Snowboard 2014 | evo

Seem like I have to consider yet another board...sigh.
rawlpluks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
baldylox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawlpluks View Post
Been there, done all of that but it some years ago
"Skidded carves", is they when you angle/push the end of the board to turn?
I must admit it happens some times for me but mostly if I am unfocused/watching girls...errr.....the kids
You can tell by your tracks in the snow. Everyone skids sometimes. Not all conditions are good for carving. You certainly can't carve well through powder, chop, corn, moguls, trees.

__________________

Last edited by baldylox; 01-28-2014 at 04:32 PM.
baldylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums