Which snowboard is stiffer? Mod Rocker, Bataleon Boss, Salomon Villain, YES the Great - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Which snowboard is stiffer? Mod Rocker, Bataleon Boss, Salomon Villain, YES the Great

Mod Rocker 156 $230
Bataleon Boss 154 $230
Salomon Villain 154 $275
YES The Greats 156/158 $330
Capita DOA 156 $300~$330
K2 Happy Hour 157 $350

I have above options avaiable to me. I need a stiff board that will do anything, and I after taking out options that didn't seem adequate, I'm left with these.

I just need to know which one is stiffer than others. So if you could rank them in stiffness(newest 2014 models except for YES The Greats), that'd be awesome.

I'm guessing DOA is at the top, but I have noooo idea after that.
tlatmdeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Stiffness: 1 being soft, 10 being stiff.

-Mod Rocker: 8
-Bataleon Boss: 5
-Salomon Villain: 4
-YES The Greats has a medium flex (didn't have specific stiff rating), it's a twin flex, made for all mountain and freestyle.
-Capita DOA: 5.5
-K2 Happy Hour: Couldn't find an exact stiffness rating, but it has medium flex.

I pulled all those ratings off of various websites that have reviews on the boards. They all matched up correctly.
As you can see, there's a variety of different stiffness levels in that list. My all mountain is a 5.5 flex and it is a MONSTER. Out of this list I'd HIGHLY recommend the Capita DOA all day long. You'll love it.
The DOA had high reviews too
JPOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPOW View Post
Stiffness: 1 being soft, 10 being stiff.

-Mod Rocker: 8
-Bataleon Boss: 5
-Salomon Villain: 4
-YES The Greats has a medium flex (didn't have specific stiff rating), it's a twin flex, made for all mountain and freestyle.
-Capita DOA: 5.5
-K2 Happy Hour: Couldn't find an exact stiffness rating, but it has medium flex.

I pulled all those ratings off of various websites that have reviews on the boards. They all matched up correctly.
As you can see, there's a variety of different stiffness levels in that list. My all mountain is a 5.5 flex and it is a MONSTER. Out of this list I'd HIGHLY recommend the Capita DOA all day long. You'll love it.
The DOA had high reviews too
Yeah I know DOA's good but I just wanted to know the relative flex ratings. They all have different ways to measure and they only help when you compare their own companies' models, which is why I'm asking people who have more experience with mroe than 2 of these snowboards.
tlatmdeh is offline   Reply With Quote