Another splitboard thread - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another splitboard thread

In the past couple of years I found myself venturing into backcountry more and more, mostly on borrowed setups. I'm thinking it's time I should get my own. So far I've been able to demo only a few splitboards, and only one of them women specific - B-pro split. Also an SL, Abacus and just today - another women's board, a Solution. I was expecting great things from the Jones, because I definitely have a thing for that brand and was surprisingly underwhelmed at how it handled powder.

Perhaps, out of all those I tried SL made the best impression. Still, at 154 it is a tad long. I'm a pretty small woman (5'4, 110lbs), and even though I demo larger, wider men's boards all the time and always have a select few in my quiver I wouldn't want to go over 152 with split because I like to jump, spin and have a better control of the board in the bc. I also ride switch maybe half of the time. I would have loved to get my hands on a Billy Goat but I think the smallest they come at is 159 if I'm not mistaken so that idea is moot. Anyway, suggestions from pros on possible candidacies would be appreciated.

I've been pretty happy with Voile hardware and skins, but I've never really tried anything else so open to suggestions there too.
Noreaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2014, 11:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Rooster King

Raven-Split | Never Summer Industries - Snowboards, Longboards, Clothing and Accessories
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah... I was thinking about Raven. The thing is I demoed the regular version and found it a stiffer, clunkier, less playful clone of my Infinity, which by the way I love (Infinity, not the Raven). If I could find a Raven split to demo I would in a heartbeat, but I'm a little reluctant to drop so much on a board I didn't particularly cared for in a non-split version. I could be wrong though.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Rooster King

also:

Burton Family Tree Spliff Splitboard | Backcountry.com

K2 Snowboards Northern Lite Splitboard - Women's | Backcountry.com
Old 01-28-2014, 11:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks, I'll give em a thought.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Shred, you have SL, right? What do you think of it?
Old 01-28-2014, 11:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Rooster King

i do, i have it in a 158 and a hovercraft 156. its a good board. not as lively as my heritage solid but its a split so it weighs a lot more so i guess it shouldn't be.

i've been splitting for a long time, but i haven't rode very many different splits... put it this way - the sl has never held me back from doing anything i wanted to do with it yet, EXCEPT for maybe skinning in one or two spots.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
i do, i have it in a 158 and a hovercraft 156. its a good board. not as lively as my heritage solid but its a split so it weighs a lot more so i guess it shouldn't be.

i've been splitting for a long time, but i haven't rode very many different splits... put it this way - the sl has never held me back from doing anything i wanted to do with it yet, EXCEPT for maybe skinning in one or two spots.
That's pretty much the feeling I had - that it wasn't holding me back, while other boards were in some way. Thank you for your input.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Gnu B-pro split worth a look. Edited. I just re read your post and you tried it. What did you think of it?
Saint Alphonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Alphonso View Post
Gnu B-pro split worth a look. Edited. I just re read your post and you tried it. What did you think of it?
It's not a bad board. I just thought it's suited better for groomers. I also rode non-split Bpro for half a season, maybe more and I love the board, but since I expect to hit bc mostly on pow days I wanted something that just flies in pow like a dream. Bpro is a solid all mountain board in my opinion. If I ever decide to make a permanent switch to bc riding that's the one I would probably get.