Arbor Blacklist : Is my 157 too small? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 08:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Arbor Blacklist : Is my 157 too small?

i am 6'1" and weigh 205-210. i am a freestyle rider and love park but not a park rat as of late due to all my friends free riding. i have been riding my blacklist 157 and although i love it, i feel i could press and mess around easier on my ride dh2 159. is the 157 too small? should i go 160?
IceShredEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2014, 09:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm sure you're gonna get a bunch of answers to your post, but you're the only one that can say for sure. That said, I am 5'11" and usually around 200lbs and I use a Westmark 156 for messing around on. It's not my haul-ass board, but it's a fun ride. If you're looking for a freeride board, the Blacklist isn't the best choice anyway, but I'd go bigger than a 157 at your size. For messing around, I'd think the 157 would be fine. I've never been on a DH2, so I can't comment on that.

Last edited by tostyj; 01-29-2014 at 09:16 AM.
tostyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceShredEC View Post
i am 6'1" and weigh 205-210. i am a freestyle rider and love park but not a park rat as of late due to all my friends free riding. i have been riding my blacklist 157 and although i love it, i feel i could press and mess around easier on my ride dh2 159. is the 157 too small? should i go 160?
I think it's as much personal preference as anything. I have a 154 blacklist and I weigh 195-200. Most would say it is too small for me, but I love it. I just play around on the hills so I'm not trying to lay trenches with it.

I bought a 161 Raygun for an all mountain board and I hated how long it was. Just didn't feel natural for me, so i bought the 156 and love it. Might me mental as much as anything, but it works good for me.
West Baden Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

as much as weight is the deciding factor now.. i still think height plays a big part in center of balance when leaning one way or the other, especially in pressing. the blacklist might not be the best free ride board because of its blunt shape and flex but its a wide and its hard to find good wide boards.
IceShredEC is offline   Reply With Quote