User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 02:06 PM
st.stark

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Cool Rome binding questions...

Alright well I am pretty set on getting some Rome bindings for this winter. I wear a size 11 boot and will be riding something with around a 25 cm. waist. Rome bindings seem to only come in Larg/X-Large, so I will be ok here right?? Also, from buysnow.com I can either get the '07 arsenals for $120, or the '07 390s for $153. To those of you who have rode in these; is there really that much difference between these two?? I am an intermediate rider, who is on somewhat of a budget and if there isn't too much difference it would be great to save $30 and go with the Arsenals...thanks for any help in advance. ^-^'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 02:09 PM
st.stark

Ok after a little more reading it seems that the '07 arsenals are basically the '06 390s with the conformist 1 toestrap, and with the '07 390s having the conformist 2 staps and a hollowed out back to reduce weight...is this that big of a deal?? Thanks again.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 04:58 PM
midwestrider

07 arsenals are same exact as the 06 390s.
390s 07 have diff straps, diff highback, overall are softer, and are lighter than 06 arsenals
they come in 2 sizes. sm/md and lg/xl. reason why is that they are super adjustable than most bindings, so you can adjust them to ur boot how you'd like.
if you do more freestyle go with the 390s if not go with the arsenals. both very solid bindings. imo the best bindings out there with a great price tag.
by the way those prices are insanely high this time of year. i saw some 07 arsenals for 90 dollars and some 390s for 110
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 09:08 AM
richedie

I was set to get some left over Rome Targas till I read that they made some major improvements to the 08 bindings. For something I will keep for a long time, I have no problem spending for new. Any truth to the improvements?

I can get the 06-07 Targas for $129 or the new model for $239.

Last edited by richedie; 10-14-2007 at 01:44 PM.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 10:14 AM
xevi89

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.stark
'07 390s for $153
I got my '08 390s for $170. Does your local resort have an open house? That would be your best bet to find anything you're looking for cheap if they carry that brand).
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 01:17 PM
midwestrider

according to rome's website the arsenal have same stiffness rating as the targas and the 390s are softer lateraly,heel,and toe.
edit* i checked their site. the arsenals are stiffer than the targas
where are you getting a new model 07-08 for 139? they retail for 240.
or do you mean a 05-06 and a 06-07? if so i'd go with the 06-07 because thats where the major improvements came, and if you are indeed talking about the 07-08 for 10 bux more than i'd jump on it. the only diff there is its lighter and straps.

Last edited by midwestrider; 10-14-2007 at 01:22 PM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 01:47 PM
richedie

Sorry, I meant $239 for the 07/08. I also heard the only difference is weight with the 08 and I can get the 06/07(last years)for $129.
What about the straps??

I was told the 390 is more freestyle and the Targa is the one to get with my 168 Flag.

I don't care much about the weight. I am coming from a 2000 Burton Canyon and Mission bindings.

How are the straps different? I want that toe strap that can be used as a regular strap and cap strap. I don't like the Burton strap.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 02:27 PM
st.stark

My local ski shop doesn't carry Rome stuff...would anyone care to put up where they are getting these kinds of deals?? Thanks.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 02:50 PM
st.stark

btw... I need to find them in size L/XL...
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 09:36 PM
midwestrider

well the diff between the 08 and the 07 is mainly weight. it has a new underwrap.3 heelhoop making it lighter and i think it offers one more c-flex insert than last year. the only thing diff in the strap is the toe strap. its just diff in some way. it just look cooler imo. they may have updated the pf cassete, but that im not sure. if u have the money and its not gonna hurt u than go with the 08. if not go with the 07. weight is just the main difference.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode