Board opinions for heavy rider? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 05:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board opinions for heavy rider?

I'm a new member and found this forum searching for info on new boards. I wanted to see what some others are riding that may be similar to my build and riding conditions I see. Here are my stats:

5'10"
220 lbs
9.5 boot (wide Salomon)
31 y.o.
regular stance
upper int/lower adv rider
Like attacking the slope and speed

I ride mostly in WV and NC, so I get to deal with lots of ice and otherwise cruddy conditions. I ride mostly groomers (blacks and blues) but want to start getting into the park. I don't ever see myself doing anything too crazy in the park....jumps, boxes, and rails are all I aspire to learn.

Ideally, I'd like a board that was great at it all, but it usually doesn't work that way. I was looking at the Lib Tech TRS BTX and the NS SL-R. I'm intrigued by the magnetraction-type stuff as well as the reverse camber boards. Unfortunately, I'm not in a location where I can demo either of these boards.....or really any boards for that matter (at least I'm not aware of any places that do demo's locally). I would like some opinions on those two boards, as well as some other boards I may should consider.
Johnny T is offline   Reply With Quote