gnu metal guru or Rome Mod Rocker ? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 09:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default gnu metal guru or Rome Mod Rocker ?

I'm interested in buying one of these two boards and I was wondering if I can get some feedback from anyone who has or had experience with these boards to help me make a decision ? The type of riding I do is a lil bit of park but mainly speed and carving .... I just picked up a 2011 gnu carbon crediti bought for a 100$ but I have yet to ride it ...I'm wondering if I should just stick with this board or go for one of the other ones and have the CC as a secondary board ...I would def appreciate some feedback .. thank you for taking the time and reading my thread
Luvmustycarpet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2014, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

ride your cc in good conditions first then pick up something if you still think you need to. The metal guru isn't a whole lot different than a carbon credit
Old 01-31-2014, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmustycarpet1 View Post
I'm interested in buying one of these two boards and I was wondering if I can get some feedback from anyone who has or had experience with these boards to help me make a decision ? The type of riding I do is a lil bit of park but mainly speed and carving .... I just picked up a 2011 gnu carbon crediti bought for a 100$ but I have yet to ride it ...I'm wondering if I should just stick with this board or go for one of the other ones and have the CC as a secondary board ...I would def appreciate some feedback .. thank you for taking the time and reading my thread
The Metal Guru is not for you if you're looking at carving and speed. Much too soft, more of a park board compared to the Mod Rocker. I am super pro Mervin but the Mod Rocker is a beast and one of the lightest boards I've ever held.

That being said the CC is a solid all around board. Entry level for Gnu but still has a lot of the tech that their higher end boards do. I'd ride it for a while and see what you like and don't like about it and that will help you get a better idea of exactly what you want in a board.
lab49232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

What I liked about the metal guru was the fact it had EC2 PBTX ... My buddy jus got the gnu space case board that has that as well and that's what I loved about that board.... Good conditions r hard to come.by in NY the best snow I get is VT and this year its kinda weak rt now up there ...good to hear the mod rocker is a beast tho ....thanks for the input if you know of any other boards that you reccomend let me know ...thank you
Luvmustycarpet1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gnu, mod rocker, snowboard