I need a board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
BlueSi4

Default I need a board

So I've had this Morrow Truth 158cm for about 3 years now, and it's time to get a new board. It's a decent board, but as my riding progresses, it's time to step up and get something better. So help me find a new board, please! I've been looking at some Burtons (Custom, Operator, Farm), the Flow Era, K2 WWW and Darkstar, GNU Danny Kass BTX Second and GNU Rider's Choice BTX, Capita Ridemaster.
I'm looking for a board that will perform both in the mountain and in the park, but about 75% of the riding is gonna be done in the mountain. I do like to hit jumps and do tricks while going down the trails, and I'm slowly starting to get into the park more often, but I'm still a noob in the park. With the Morrow I've done a few Boxes and Jumps, no rails yet.

WEIGHT: 185lb
BOOT SIZE: 11.5
RIDING STYLE: Freeride (75% mountain, 25% park) but I'm slowly getting into the park more and more
BUDGET: Max I wanna spend is $500, but if there's a sick board for like $550...I would make the effort

I've been snowboarding for about 6-7 years if that makes any difference, so I'm looking for a board that will last me a while and that will perform both in the park and outside the park. I was reading about the K2 WWW and it seems like it's a great fit for the park, but how good is it down the trails? In addition, as you can probably tell from my choices, I like cool designs on the board...

So any help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2009, 11:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
true_richard

if you're up for another 158, symmetrical twin tip (+1 extra cm on the tip to keep it above any pow), nice beefy sidewall construction, fast base & strong enough to take a beating from heavier weight riders like myself (244lbs) AND you're looking to come in under budget (imagine that! plus free shipping for forum members.) then i highly recommend the board i've been riding lately (which has had stellar reviews from all who've ridden it & zero complaints to date.) the True Deviant 158:

for specs etc:

True Snowboards - Advanced Snowboard Design and Engineering
Old 01-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlueSi4

Board looks nice, i will check it out. Forgot to mention, I think I wanna step down to a 155cm or so
Old 01-29-2009, 12:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
true_richard

aah, then in that case: True Deviant 154 - symmetrical twin - so you'll be "park ready" as you transition into more & more park riding.

click for specs etc:

True Snowboards - Advanced Snowboard Design and Engineering