ThirtyTwo Boas: Focus vs. Circuit - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 03:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Evan

Default ThirtyTwo Boas: Focus vs. Circuit

Does anyone have any input on the 32 Circuit boots versus the Focus?

I've tried on a few pairs of lace up thirtytwo's and find them to fit me very well. I'd like to get boa's for the convenience factor but can't find either of these models in stock to try on.

I've found them online for not much over $200, within my budget, and both models are within $10 of each other, so that's not a factor. I like the look of the Focus better, but I'm not concerned about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2009, 04:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

If I went with 32, I'd probably get the Circuit over the Focus.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

I got the STW Boa (realize this doesn't help much), but I love mine. Just got some custom footbeds for them too...
KnightedIbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
If I went with 32, I'd probably get the Circuit over the Focus.
Any particular reason?
Old 01-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I have the focus boa's. Got them before the season started, have logged around 30 days so far this season in them and they are holding up very well. I had on problem the second time I wore them. I had pulled the boot apart too hard I believe when I went into the lodge for a lunch break which then resulted in extra slack around the dial. When I tightened them back up to go out I actually wrapped the wire over itself. Not knowing this at the time I was pissed when I tried taking my boots off at the end of the day and my bottom lace on my right foot would loosen about 1/2 inch. Took three of us pulling to finally get it off. But after about 5 minutes of taking the dial off and replacing the lace everything was fine. I called thirty-two and bitched that I already had to use my replacement lace and they sent me five free ones that arrived in about a week and I live in NY. So if you get them don't pull the sides apart as hard as you can when loosening them up. Might run into the same problem as I had.

More about the boots...I have a size 10.5, heat molded them and absolutely love them. I think they are very comfortable, they are super light which is why I was looking at them, and so far seem to be durable. Oh and they are warm or my feet tend to be hot, I don't know. I tend to wear a thin pair of snowboard socks with them even when it's only 0 out. Any other questions on the focus boa's I'll do my best to help. Never tried the circuit boots though.

Last edited by Glade Ripper; 01-29-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Glade Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Evan

Thanks for the great review. It's good to hear that you like the Focus. I'm sure those will do the trick for me, but it would be nice to hear from other users, especially anyone that is familiar with both the Focus and Circuit.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
Any particular reason?
the zero pressure-point system, the lack of exposed laces, slightly better liner

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
the zero pressure-point system, the lack of exposed laces, slightly better liner
Thanks, those are good points. I ordered the Focus from theclickworldwide.com about an hour ago. I selected those mostly because 32's site puts them at 8 on their stiffness scale, while the Circuit is a 9. Might not even be a noticeable difference, but I'm just a solid intermediate border with no aspirations of becoming a hardcore pipe or park rider. I figured a little more compliance might be better for me.

I wish I could have tried them both on, but nobody has them and the 32 rep (Ryan) doesn't seem to want to return my calls. I've left 2 voicemails over the last week and submitted a question via their website, with no response.

I hope their customer service is better if you actually have a problem. It seems their pre-sales support is non-existent.