Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   best mp3 player for snowboarding (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/12440-best-mp3-player-snowboarding.html)

hyp0xia 01-29-2009 01:21 PM

best mp3 player for snowboarding

in your experience, whats the best mp3 player to use while snowboarding?

looking for something thats easy to control without having to find it burried in my jacket, maybe something with external controls on the earphones.

in that case, whats the best mp3 player and best earphone set to get? budget respected

thanks!

Glade Ripper 01-29-2009 01:27 PM

iphone with vmoda vibe duo headphones. you can do everything with this combination. I have it and love it

JrOd 01-29-2009 01:29 PM

deff just go with an ipod. use an ipod mini cuz its built like a tank although they are the old model haha.
also go with some skull candy headphone. i got the buds. they stay in your ear perfectly

friends 01-29-2009 01:39 PM

i use my ipod shuffle when i ride. i try to carry as little as possible. i just dont like having my coat and pant pockets filled with stuff. i dont even bring my phone. my lift ticket, maybe some weed and music is all i need. i have had crashes in the terrain park and it would suck if i happened to land on it somehow. the shuffle is very very small and can hold several hours of music.

markee 01-29-2009 01:48 PM

sansa clip. It's cheap, it's small, and it's a tank.

hyp0xia 01-29-2009 01:51 PM

please dont suggest iphones here.

definitely some good suggestions so far, thanks. ive heard alot about skullcandy earphones so im going to check them out as well. had a shuffle before too, loved it before it got stolen.

anything that had an easy interface to control without having to dig into your pockets?

iregicide 01-29-2009 01:57 PM

I just stick with my ipod shuffle. It was like $30 used on ebay. Then some skull candy headphones or any other in-ear headphones will work. Unless you got a helmet with headphones built in (that's what I use now).

arsenic0 01-29-2009 02:04 PM

You'd preferably probably want something with no or a limited screen.

I can only imagine how many peoples Iphones and iTouch's have cracked screens when they crash and land on it.

Also cubllsu8338 can you change your Avatar please? Thats definitely NSFW...

hyp0xia 01-29-2009 02:22 PM

^ yeah good call on that. definitely not looking for something with a screen, which makes a shuffle a viable options.

can anyone comment on these helmet earphones? are they removeable? hows the quality?

Glade Ripper 01-29-2009 02:23 PM

you can go to walmart and get some really cheap mp3 players that are very small. my friend just picked up some sony one there. works well, it's small and works with his audio helmet. he breaks his all the time by either dropping it or landing on it so he just gets a super cheap one and always seems to work well