Which board...Never Summer Legacy or Atomic Alibi Wide??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 01:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Matt94GT

Default Which board...Never Summer Legacy or Atomic Alibi Wide???

I have pretty much narrowed down my search to the Never Summer Legacy 08 Model or the Atomic Alibi Wide 08 Model.

I want a all mountain board, good for off the trail in the powder/trees, the groomed runs then hopping into the park once and a while.

Im 6'1, 165lbs, Size 12 Boots. Burton Co2 bindings.

The thing is I can save about $100 on the Atomic vs the Legacy. NS made the 08 legacy more like the SL apprently, a bit lighter and not as firm as before.

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2007, 07:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
st.stark

Just from what I've heard, NS is the better brand, although Atomic makes some nice boards as well. If you don't mind, have you looked into any of the '07 versions?? Usually they don't change too terribly much from year to year...here's a link to an '07 Legacy for only $330.00!
Never summer - 2007 Legacy - BuySnow.com
Old 10-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

07 and 08 Alibi's have changed. The 08's were made a bit softer. Though not by much.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Matt94GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.stark
Just from what I've heard, NS is the better brand, although Atomic makes some nice boards as well. If you don't mind, have you looked into any of the '07 versions?? Usually they don't change too terribly much from year to year...here's a link to an '07 Legacy for only $330.00!
Never summer - 2007 Legacy - BuySnow.com
Yeah I did look into 07s the Alibi would be alright but the thing is never summer actually really changed their boards in 08 supposadly and the one that they changed the most was the Legacy, its now a mid-wide version of the SL, diffrent edge, softer, and lighter.

I can get a 08' Alibi for $370.00 the 08' Legacy is going to be $490. Anyone know where I can still get a 07' Never Summer SL 158? If I could find one of those id probably buy it.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
st.stark

Hm...I couldn't find one at the-house, buysnow, eternal snow, or sierrasnowboard so idk...but good luck with the SL 158 anyway!
Old 10-12-2007, 05:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Matt94GT

Hurmm I found a 07 ROME FLAG 157 for $329.00, now im concidering this board.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Matt94GT

its just the flag is FUGLY as hell. whats so bad about a heavier board like the never summers? im going to be 70% on trails or off in the powder and in the trees anyways...?