Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Alpine board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/124513-alpine-board.html)

ThatSniperGuy 02-02-2014 08:07 PM

Alpine board

Hey guys so I want I alpine board and because I live so south there is no shop for me to buy one at... so were should I buy it and what board should I get. My budget is around $400 for just the board.
I am 5' 10'', 145 pd, size 10 foot, and ride a 155 twin tip right now

nillo 02-02-2014 08:42 PM

$400? used off ebay or bomber.

and south has little to do with it. hardly anyone carries them unless you're in Denver or Switzerland.

ThatSniperGuy 02-02-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nillo (Post 1495625)
$400? used off ebay or bomber.

and south has little to do with it. hardly anyone carries them unless you're in Denver or Switzerland.

Hmm is it not a good idea then? I mainly go up to West Virginia or Pennsylvania besides Canada once or twice a year. I just love carving and that sort of stuff and hate the terrain park so I thought this would be a good idea. Suggestions?

nillo 02-02-2014 09:10 PM

were you planning on a full alpine hardboot setup or a softboot freecarve setup?

ThatSniperGuy 02-02-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nillo (Post 1495697)
were you planning on a full alpine hardboot setup or a softboot freecarve setup?

hardboot. But I am willing to go either way.

nillo 02-02-2014 10:10 PM

check out carvers almanac for good alpine outfitting advice.

poutanen 02-03-2014 11:03 AM

Yeah also check bomber online forum, they have a decent used section of the website for hardbooters. If you're going used, $400 can get you a nice board...

nillo 02-03-2014 01:45 PM

if you have a good stiff pair of soft boots and a good stiff pair of bindings already and you are set on new, I would seriously think about a Donek softboot carver like the Razor. You can always put plates on it later when you feel like dropping some more dough at the bootfitter.

P@ve1 02-04-2014 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nillo (Post 1497769)
if you have a good stiff pair of soft boots and a good stiff pair of bindings already and you are set on new, I would seriously think about a Donek softboot carver like the Razor. You can always put plates on it later when you feel like dropping some more dough at the bootfitter.

Bad idea IMHO.

Stiff boardcross boards will always have poor performance for carvig against alpine setup. Because of softboots limitations. Hardboots work absolutely different and change the rules of the game dramaticaly. At the same time such stiff boards kills all versatility of softbinding setup. I realy think it is better to ride good versatible freeride board with soft bindings and go evrywhere.

If you want to carve - just go to dedicated forum and buy dedicated used hardboot setup.

I had been trying to carve in softbots for about 4 years. Now it is my first season in hardboots. And It is much greater fun to carve on it!

At the same time - riding hardboots will dramatically improve you softboot riding skill including freeriding.

nillo 02-04-2014 10:08 AM

the Razor isn't a BX board.