Snowboard lessons so far this session. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 11:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Snowboard lessons so far this session.

After being out about 7-8 times,I've finally started blue runs without trouble (except when there's surprise moguls!) I can carve and do ollies. I feel like I have somewhat of a clue as to what I'm doing.

This is what I've learned with relation to boards, and I want to ask what you guys think I'm ready for. Because these Burton LTR boards aren't cutting it IMO.

Shorter is way more fun.

I was on this 160w Burton LTR today and it was a huge piece of garbage. It had no pop, for a board that's suppose to be super flexible it didn't feel that flexible. It was slow and just a plank to ride. Also, the bindings were too far apart and torqued the hell out of my knee. (asked the rental shop to adjust it but they said it can't be moved.Riiiiight.) To add insult to injury, they gave me boots a whole size too big. I didn't realize it until I took them off. No wonder my knee and thigh was all screwed up. Bad board set up and boots too big= unnecessary power transition.

I rode a 155w burton LTE 2 weeks ago and that was pretty fun. It felt poppy and was easy to go from regular to switch at any point down the mountain. I felt the flex could have been more but it wasn't bad.

Then I spent some time on an Atomic PIQ 160w and it wasn't as crap as the burton LTE 160w but still pretty crap.

I've also been on a 158w Burton LTR and that was meh. It felt easy enough to turn and ride, but something was missing. I'm starting to think these beginner LTR boards are just shit to begin with.

So basically I'm thinking something between 155 and 157w. Tons of pop but something that is stable at speeds and can hold an edge, because I've washed out a few times when the edge wouldn't hold.Probably user error but I don't think a board should lose an edge just because I carved hard in that instance.That's a lot to ask for plus I guess I'm still considered a "beginner."

This is a bit more information than my last post. Plus I feel i have a big more knowledge as to what I want from a board this time.

So do I still need a beginner board or am I competent enough for a so-called intermediate board?
Wes_Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2014, 06:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

Ok, let's get some basic info before anyone starts suggesting anything:

How heavy are you?

What size are your feet?
Old 02-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

6'1

size 12 but i've been wearing size 13 rental boots and they're comfortable.
Wes_Dark is offline   Reply With Quote