Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Libtech Skate Banana vs Libtech Attack Banana (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/124569-libtech-skate-banana-vs-libtech-attack.html)

fr0z1k 02-03-2014 03:45 AM

Libtech Skate Banana vs Libtech Attack Banana

Hey guys and girls :occasion14:
I intend to buy a new board, and after a lot of research i narrowed it down to these two: Libtech Skate Banana vs Libtech Attack Banana.
And now i have a hard time deciding which one suits me best.
A little about me: I'm around 183 cm (6 ft) tall and a weigh around 83kilo (~183lb), my boot size is 46 (12).
I ride all mountain, including park (mostly jumps, less rails and boxes), love the high speeds and love the powder, if i had to put my skill on a scale of 1-10 it would probably be around 6-7.
Due to the fact that i like a playful board i think about the shorter boards of my range, so it is the Skate 159W or the Attack 161W (the store doesn't have the 159W in stock)...
So from your experience with these boards, what should i take? :dunno:

Riley212 02-03-2014 06:33 AM

The attack banana.

fr0z1k 02-03-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley212 (Post 1496217)
The attack banana.

Can you explain why? :bowdown:

tradnwaves4snow 02-03-2014 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr0z1k (Post 1496249)

you could say the attack banana is the all mountain version of the skate banana which is more of a park board.

I would really consider going for a non wide board. My last pair of boots were size 12s but I now wear size 11's and both boots fit on my 157 t rice. just take your boots and bindings in to the store and check what sort of overhang you have.

im a little taller and heavier than you too 186cm just under 90kgs and I find 157 perfect.

fr0z1k 02-03-2014 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tradnwaves4snow (Post 1496257)
you could say the attack banana is the all mountain version of the skate banana which is more of a park board.

I would really consider going for a non wide board. My last pair of boots were size 12s but I now wear size 11's and both boots fit on my 157 t rice. just take your boots and bindings in to the store and check what sort of overhang you have.

im a little taller and heavier than you too 186cm just under 90kgs and I find 157 perfect.

If you have the 157 you are probably more of a trickster :eusa_clap:
Why shouldn't i go for the wide version? Cause according to the size i do need the wide one. Btw i ride (+15) (-5) binding set up.
And i can tell you exactly what binds and boots i have:
These binds: Cinch Cts Binding | Snowboard Bindings | K2 Snowboarding 2013-2014
XL size.
And these boots: Gauge Boot | Snowboard Boots | K2 Snowboarding 2013-2014
Size 12 as i mentioned.

Riley212 02-03-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr0z1k (Post 1496249)

I wouldn't pick either, but between these two i would go for the attack banana, because it more stable ride, it also holds and edge better. Its slightly stiffer than the skate. Better all mountain. I picked a banana magic a few years ago but don't ride it much any more.

fr0z1k 02-03-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley212 (Post 1496529)
I wouldn't pick either, but between these two i would go for the attack banana, because it more stable ride, it also holds and edge better. Its slightly stiffer than the skate. Better all mountain. I picked a banana magic a few years ago but don't ride it much any more.

Ok, why wouldn't you pick any of the two?:dunno:

Riley212 02-03-2014 10:15 AM

There are boards that are equal or better for less money. Both boards are fun, I've ridden previous years models. The attack banana is a much better all around board than the skate. But they don't have as much pop or pow float as what I'm riding now.

If you are riding east coast ice the magnetraction is definitely a factor for you as it does help on hard pack. Where i am on the west coast it really doesn't make much difference.

Currently, Im riding a K2 Turbo dream and a Salomon Villain. The turbo dream has similar pop (maybe a little less) but much better powder float, and a hard to describe "smoothness" to it, everything is just smooth. The Villain has about the same float and edge hold and way way more pop off of jumps and side hits. The base's on both boards are also faster. If I could only have one board i would probably go with a Salomon Assassin, but i haven't ridden it.

those two Lib techs are still good boards with cool graphics and made in the USA, if you like them get one, you probably won't be disappointed.

Jed 02-03-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr0z1k (Post 1496537)
Ok, why wouldn't you pick any of the two?:dunno:

As mentioned, there are better boards for your money. For example, most people on the forum would pick this year's K2 Happy Hour over either of those boards for all mountain riding.

Don't buy too much into the whole 'banana technology' hype. Not saying their boards are bad, but just be careful not to buy too much into marketing hype.

fr0z1k 02-03-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jed (Post 1496713)
As mentioned, there are better boards for your money. For example, most people on the forum would pick this year's K2 Happy Hour over either of those boards for all mountain riding.

Don't buy too much into the whole 'banana technology' hype. Not saying their boards are bad, but just be careful not to buy too much into marketing hype.

It's not that i'm buying the "banana hype", i looked at the board and reviews and it seems like a good board...
The problem is that i live in a country where snowboarding isn't that common and we don't have much selection of boards, and still the Attack Banana seems like a good board...
+ the K2 Happy u mentioned doesn't have a wide board, so it might not suit me at all anyway :dunno:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley212 (Post 1496689)
There are boards that are equal or better for less money. Both boards are fun, I've ridden previous years models. The attack banana is a much better all around board than the skate. But they don't have as much pop or pow float as what I'm riding now.

If you are riding east coast ice the magnetraction is definitely a factor for you as it does help on hard pack. Where i am on the west coast it really doesn't make much difference.

Currently, Im riding a K2 Turbo dream and a Salomon Villain. The turbo dream has similar pop (maybe a little less) but much better powder float, and a hard to describe "smoothness" to it, everything is just smooth. The Villain has about the same float and edge hold and way way more pop off of jumps and side hits. The base's on both boards are also faster. If I could only have one board i would probably go with a Salomon Assassin, but i haven't ridden it.

those two Lib techs are still good boards with cool graphics and made in the USA, if you like them get one, you probably won't be disappointed.

As i mentioned there is no real snowboarding in my country, so i snowboard in Europe :)