gen. maintenance tips - Page 11 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #101 (permalink)
thelowerclass

Okay I've given a general search and can't find anything online about this, so what is the general opinion on weighting boards to get more flex from them. Personally I do it and find it to be no big deal but other people say that it kills your board. When I do it I am sure to do it with the bindings off and make it a 6 day process, that is with one day of weights (about 100 lbs) over the middle on the top and one day on the base (I put a plastic bag under the weights to avoid them making direct contact) then the same above and below the binding areas for the other four days. This is all with the nose and tail of the board resting on two chairs. It seems to have helped break in my board and given it much more flex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowerclass View Post
Okay I've given a general search and can't find anything online about this, so what is the general opinion on weighting boards to get more flex from them. Personally I do it and find it to be no big deal but other people say that it kills your board. When I do it I am sure to do it with the bindings off and make it a 6 day process, that is with one day of weights (about 100 lbs) over the middle on the top and one day on the base (I put a plastic bag under the weights to avoid them making direct contact) then the same above and below the binding areas for the other four days. This is all with the nose and tail of the board resting on two chairs. It seems to have helped break in my board and given it much more flex.
Wouldn't it be easier to just get the board with the flex you want to begin with?
Jeffksf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #103 (permalink)
thelowerclass

They don't make boards that soft lol. I have a forum manual which is on level with the artifact and www for flex.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:09 PM   #104 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Why do you need it that soft anyways? If you weigh that little, then look into a girls' board.
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:55 PM   #105 (permalink)
thelowerclass

I weigh like 140, but its a 156 that I couldn't turn down at $100 off mid-season.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:11 PM   #106 (permalink)
BeeDee

A few questions i have for waxing and storing.

When storing the boards for the summer should i take the bindings off and leave the coat of wax on? (like not scrap it)

and can you re use the wax that you scraped off?
Old 03-29-2008, 10:47 PM   #107 (permalink)
thelowerclass

yes take the bindings off, and yeah its fine to leave the wax on. I don't know about reusing it.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeDee View Post
A few questions i have for waxing and storing.

When storing the boards for the summer should i take the bindings off and leave the coat of wax on? (like not scrap it)

and can you re use the wax that you scraped off?

Don't reuse it. It's a pain in the ass and it has the potential to be less than clean.
Grimdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:21 PM   #109 (permalink)

Default Edge and bevels?

Do you guys polish your edges? I used 400 & 600 grit emory on my 90 degree edge but now it does not feel sharp. I have a 1 degree bevel on my base. Any tips on sharpening and polishing it short of buying a diamond file and guide?
ttchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #110 (permalink)
neosuke

I have some stain marks on my base from riding rails. Would a wax job take those stains off? or should I use kerosene/base cleaner to ensure those stains will be removed before waxing?