gen. maintenance tips - Page 16 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #151 (permalink)
baobei816

Default Brass air fittings

Now that is a lot of brass air fittings Wholesale Tools With Free Shipping World Wide From China Distributor there is just about every type
of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
used some of the parts to make my babington wvo burner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2009, 01:11 AM   #152 (permalink)

what does that have to do with anything gem maintenance wise?
Dawg Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:44 AM   #153 (permalink)
baobei816

Default Brass air fittings

Brass air fittings

Now that is a lot of brass air fittings Wholesale Tools With Free Shipping World Wide From China Distributor there is just about every type
of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
used some of the parts to make my babington wvo burner.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #154 (permalink)

baobei get the fuck out of here you spamming bitch before i shove one of those brass air fittings up your ass!
chowman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #155 (permalink)

i gave my board the shop for a 1degree bevel... what is the diff if the bevel was made on base edge or side edge?

base edge i understand brings it up off the snow and decreases liklihood of catching an edge... but what is the point of the side edge bevel?
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #156 (permalink)
Dalau

What does a dry base look like and how do I know if I should wax again? I read through all of the posts in this thread and couldn't find any info on how to spot a dry base. If my base is slightly shiny, is that a thin layer of wax or just really polished wood?
Old 01-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #157 (permalink)

well your base shouldnt be wood unless you are riding a home made board. but the shininess is possibly a thin layer of wax. dry base is usually opaque or white in color
Dawg Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #158 (permalink)
krazykay5487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalau View Post
What does a dry base look like and how do I know if I should wax again? I read through all of the posts in this thread and couldn't find any info on how to spot a dry base. If my base is slightly shiny, is that a thin layer of wax or just really polished wood?
Dry base' looks similar to chapped lips. The more you wax the board the better for the base.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #159 (permalink)
oneplankawanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykay5487 View Post
Dry base' looks similar to chapped lips. The more you wax the board the better for the base.
Hmmm thats a good one.. It should be obvious. Chk along the edges, this is where the wax will be depleted first. The base will appear to be dry..ie chapped base ha ha...When your base is dry the P-tex (base material) shrinks due to lack of wax, so mosturize your base and keep it loaded with wax, and your board will slide and glide effortlessly and you will be happy camper..
Old 01-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #160 (permalink)
snowblind2456

Default 2 questions

1. The aforementioned question on Simple Green...would that work as a base cleaner? Any input appreciated

2. When I hot wax my board i get wax scrapings on the topsheet when i go to adjust the board. Is there anything anyone would recommend to remove these tricky, sticky little scrapings and their residue?

Thanks!!