gen. maintenance tips - Page 19 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #181 (permalink)
oneplankawanka

particulate does not spread well. Tends to impregnate where is is applied. dripping... bad form.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #182 (permalink)
Dalau

Thanks all for your help!

I rode yesterday and I can say that it was FAST! I noticed today that the edges are wicked dry, so I just brushed off the old wax and redid a new wax job. This time I "crayoned" the entire surface, with extra crayoning at the edges... then I dripped a [i/little[/i] bit of wax in various places to give the iron a thin surface to slide on. After the crayoning, the board looks like half-burnt toast (about 4x more black spots than in the above photo.) lol.

Last edited by Dalau; 02-16-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #183 (permalink)

I started waxing my board after reading how easy it is form this forum; special thanks for all who were very infomative and helpful especially oneplankawanka, legallyillegal, captainowns, slaughterhouse, and snowolf with his video. I think I'm doing a pretty good job and the fact that I'm taking pride in my hard work when I'm flying down the mountain. I do have one question, why am I scraping more wax off close to the edge than the rest of the board. Here's a picture to illustrate what I mean. Is this normal, am I scraping it unevenly.

And I couldn't get the dirty streaks on the white part of my board even with base cleaner and hard rubbing with paper towel, I'm thinking of using Gojo and see if I can get it out. Would Gojo be ok?

Thanks in advance for your help
skunkworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #184 (permalink)
Dalau

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkworks View Post
I started waxing my board after reading how easy it is form this forum; special thanks for all who were very infomative and helpful especially oneplankawanka, legallyillegal, captainowns, slaughterhouse, and snowolf with his video. I think I'm doing a pretty good job and the fact that I'm taking pride in my hard work when I'm flying down the mountain. I do have one question, why am I scraping more wax off close to the edge than the rest of the board. Here's a picture to illustrate what I mean. Is this normal, am I scraping it unevenly.

http://i44.tinypic.com/osc2eo.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/23hlfub.jpg

And I couldn't get the dirty streaks on the white part of my board even with base cleaner and hard rubbing with paper towel, I'm thinking of using Gojo and see if I can get it out. Would Gojo be ok?

http://i41.tinypic.com/2nta8o7.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help
Just wondering. Why are you scraping diagonally? If you're scraping lightly, it shouldn't be a problem until you hit the base and once you get there, you can brush everything nicely. Otherwise, you might run the risk of "scraping against the grain" and creating new impressions on the board.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:04 AM   #185 (permalink)

Thanks for your reply. I"m not scraping diagonally. I'm brushing at a 45 degree angle at the last pass like this guy in the video:

YouTube - Document Snowboard shows you how to wax your stick

I'm going to try it out tomorrow at Mt High so I'll see if I notice any improvement. Maybe I'm pushing down a little harder on the edge so when I wax again I'll pay closer attention and see if it comes out better.
skunkworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:53 AM   #186 (permalink)

I'm up in Canada and was looking for cheap wax to use for my and my buddies planks.

BULK CANWAX Slide Ski/Snowboard Wax 1.6 kg ski wax - (eBay.ca item 230326641659 end time 21-Mar-09 10:57:58 EDT)

These look pretty generic, but does anyone have any experience with them? They're stupidly cheap with free shipping and 'best offers'
UncleRico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:17 AM   #187 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

that's not cheap

2.5kg of toko universal for $50 USD is cheap

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #188 (permalink)

Default Factory bevel

Just got a Never summer sl-r and was wondering if anyone knew what the factory side and base bevel were?
JD808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #189 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

0/0

10char

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #190 (permalink)
oneplankawanka

one/one....