gen. maintenance tips - Page 24 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 01:17 AM   #231 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerman View Post
hey guys i have been riding my whole life nd my uncle owns a shop so he tells me everything u need to know about keeping ur board .. if anyones wants advice or has questions just message me
The whole point of a forum is people who have the same interest come to a place to share and provide knowledge and experience. What is the point of this. You can easily start a thread or share your knowledge in this thread.
oliveryochest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #232 (permalink)
shrededmacaroni
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i didn't feel like reading all of the 25 pages of the guide, so i don't know if this came up or not, but i'm new to waxing and dont have a waxing iron so can i just use a regular iron? do the holes pose a problem? is there any way to be able to use it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:41 PM   #233 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
GC24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chi City
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrededmacaroni View Post
i didn't feel like reading all of the 25 pages of the guide, so i don't know if this came up or not, but i'm new to waxing and dont have a waxing iron so can i just use a regular iron? do the holes pose a problem? is there any way to be able to use it?
Regular irons work fine; however, after you use it to wax your board you will not want to iron clothes with it.
I suggest picking up a $7 iron from target or wal mart.
GC24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:13 AM   #234 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC24 View Post
Regular irons work fine; however, after you use it to wax your board you will not want to iron clothes with it.
I suggest picking up a $7 iron from target or wal mart.
If any wax gets in the holes just keep the iron on after you iron your board and wipe it off good while hot with a dry cloth or paper towel. You'll never be able to tell u used it.
SchultzLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #235 (permalink)
shrededmacaroni
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

so will the old wax stuck in the holes burn after a while and just come out? or will it be a problem?

Last edited by shrededmacaroni; 01-22-2010 at 04:57 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #236 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
GC24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chi City
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrededmacaroni View Post
so will the old wax stuck in the holes burn after a while and just come out? or will it be a problem?
It will heat up melt and drip through the holes provided you have the holes pointing down.
GC24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:51 AM   #237 (permalink)
shrededmacaroni
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC24 View Post
It will heat up melt and drip through the holes provided you have the holes pointing down.
ok thanks a lot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #238 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 56
Default

Just out of curiosity, if you get it waxed at the shop do they do as good a job as you can do at home? ie - do they scrape the grooves into it at the end and stuff?
mickyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #239 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyg View Post
Just out of curiosity, if you get it waxed at the shop do they do as good a job as you can do at home? ie - do they scrape the grooves into it at the end and stuff?
There are 3 local shops near me that hot wax. They all charge about $25. One just uses a machine and the wax is gone pretty quick. One does it by hand, but it's hit and miss. The last does a good job and does base grinds, etc.

I do as good a job as the good shop if not better (cuz it's my board!). I use them for complicated stuff.
Bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #240 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 283
Default

is it good to rinse off your board after using it?
mrpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums