Rome targa adjustment - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Murf

Default Rome targa adjustment

Hi I'm new to the board but have been searching through the forums for a little while. I just got a used 08 rome mod with 09 rome targas. Since they are used, the bindings did not come with any instructions on how to adjust them. I figured out how to adjust the basics like toe straps, heels straps, stance, etc. but I've read these bindings are a lot more adjustable. I was hoping maybe someone with the bindings could give me a little info on what you can adjust and how to adjust it.

Edit: Oh and I also figured out how to adjust the highbacks but when i did this it pushed the lower part of highback into the frame and is starting to make small groves in the highback. Is this normal?

Last edited by Murf; 01-30-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Hi I'm new to the board but have been searching through the forums for a little while. I just got a used 08 rome mod with 09 rome targas. Since they are used, the bindings did not come with any instructions on how to adjust them. I figured out how to adjust the basics like toe straps, heels straps, stance, etc. but I've read these bindings are a lot more adjustable. I was hoping maybe someone with the bindings could give me a little info on what you can adjust and how to adjust it.

Edit: Oh and I also figured out how to adjust the highbacks but when i did this it pushed the lower part of highback into the frame and is starting to make small groves in the highback. Is this normal?
do you mean forward lean on the highbacks?

the little latch thingy that u can either tighten or loosen on a screw?

or are you talking about highback rotation (something i haven't figured out yet)?
squishydonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Murf

Oh sorry I meant highback rotation. The way i did it was by taking out the two screws holding in the highback. There are two holes on each side of the highback that i believe are for adjustment. I just swapped which hole the screw went into and it made the highback about parallel to the heel side edge but it also pushed the highback against the frame so that now the frame is digging a small hole in the highback when i put them up and down. I was just wondering if this is normal
Old 01-30-2009, 10:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
ampedxpinoy

how many degrees did you need to rotate to be parallel? i just bought them and have the manual and the highest setting they show is 12 or 14 degrees. I haven't done that to mine yet since i'venever ridden with parallel bindings so i will try regular the rotated. I am still palying around with the adjustments too so i am not too familiar with any abnormalities or anything questionable.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Murf

I probably rotated them the highest setting since my binding is set at 15 degrees and the highback is now about parallel. It didn't seem like there was too much adjustment since there is only 2 holes on the binding. It seemed like to me that the highback was either rotated or straight. I don't really see a setting in between. And just for reference this is the groove that's being put into the highback:

It's hard to see cause of crappy cell phone picture quality but it's the little marks on the left side of the highback and a little to the right of the center.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
ampedxpinoy

I just rotated my highback only 4 degrees and got the scratches too. it looks like the screw holding in the straps is digging into the binding when put up. not too sure how you can avoid this, since putting anything over the screw would make putting up the highback difficult and very very tight.