The name of the board[Beginner] - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default The name of the board[Beginner]

Whats the name of the snowboard for beginners that can be ridden both ways? I am looking to buy a beginner board been snowboarding about 4 times now really getting interested. Heres a pic

EDIT: Is an LTR a good first time board? I mean everyone told me wait on buying a snowboard but I think after 4 times of going and paying for rentals that I should just buy. Its starting to add up pretty costly. Whats a good beginners board? This is what I have ridden of 4 times. For several days each time.

http://puu.sh/6KfLu.jpg

Last edited by TedBundy; 02-04-2014 at 07:30 PM.
TedBundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Looks like a LTR (learn to ride) rental.
HurtonBair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtonBair View Post
Looks like a LTR (learn to ride) rental.
They dont just sell boards like these to ride? I really love it and have become used to it
Old 02-04-2014, 06:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm sure it's a twin freestyle board that's likely reverse camber. However, I'm not too familiar with current Burtons.

Shoot Burton an email with that picture and they'll point you in the right direction. Their customer service is pretty good and prompt.
HurtonBair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Do you mean a twin board? If you center the bindings and have an equal duck stance then there would be no difference riding regular or goofy (or switch)
Just wondering why you want to ride it both ways if your a beginner? If you think it's tough learning now it's twice as hard learning switch.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Any "twin" board can be ridden in both directions. Twin means if you cut it in half its exactly the same on both halves. So basically there is no detrimental effect no matter which way you go. In reality you can ride any board in any direction, some just do it better. I think you are looking for a true twin.
atr3yu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

not sure if you can buy an LTR new since it's meant to be for rentals, but you can buy used ones here: Snowboards 150cm - 159cm
ThisIsSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshy View Post
Do you mean a twin board? If you center the bindings and have an equal duck stance then there would be no difference riding regular or goofy (or switch)
Just wondering why you want to ride it both ways if your a beginner? If you think it's tough learning now it's twice as hard learning switch.
Its not the fact that I want a twin board its just this is the board I have ridden 4 times now. That is kind of why I am here asking is this a bad board to buy for my first time board? I mean its 3~4 years old but I ride it well.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

it's a beginner's board. the edges are designed so that they don't catch as easily to make you fall, but that means less grip especially on steeps. If i'm not wrong these boards are also made more hardy (for the noobs ramming them into poles and people), but that also means it's heavier. it's also a pretty soft board which is forgiving but less stable at higher speeds.

if you see yourself doing this in the long run it might hold you back a little. I'd say get a proper board, you'd have more room for progress.
ThisIsSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

You really shouldn't be buying a board that you won't be able to progress on unless you are using it strictly to learn how to ride and then ditch it. Even in that case it's better to learn on something that'll teach(make you fall on your face because you're riding incorrectly) good habits. Seeing you can probably get this board for fifty bucks, you'll be saving money once you rent two or three times(so it's not a bad idea) but it would be best to pick something up that you know you can at least grow with to an intermediate stage in my opinion. There are cheap, used boards out there that are much more worth your money than an LTR. Even though you are comfortable with riding it right now, if you start expanding your experience with boards early on you'll know what you want when you buy your first truly 'you' dedicated board.
Naturesabre is offline   Reply With Quote