ok so i need some help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 02:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
allgame91

Default ok so i need some help

as you can see im new to the forum, ive always liked to start snowboarding years ago but instead i took up bmx, its winter here in canada now, so i cant really bmx so i want to buy a board, bindings, and boots. i also dont have alot of money but im going to buy used stuff for cheap and that is mint, the stuff i was interested is:

2008-2009 Technine Snowboard set.

156 MFM classic technine board
Large MFM classic binding

and

Burton Snowboard 159cm long

I also dont know which brands are good. i want something that will last even when im alot better becuase even thought you should start with gear thats not amazing, i want something good and lasting, because with bmx its the same i started off with beginner bmx and now i have a custom bike around 1200$ but id rather start a the better one. so please help me out fast so i can start looking
now what i want to know is what size board do i want because i read all over the forums, i want to just start of going down the hills at the hills then hit the terrain parks really soon, so what kind of sized board should i look for,

what kind of boots and bindings should i look for as well such as the size. my shoe size is 10- 10.5. Is that the same size as the boots? and what binding sizes should fit me. thanks. if im missing anything please tell me so i can help you help me and i weigh about 160 pounds, 17 years old if that matters lol

Last edited by allgame91; 01-31-2009 at 03:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2009, 12:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
JrOd

capita, flow, forum, are a few good brands. look into a good all around board since you're starting out this season. prob need a large biding cuz i got same size boot as u and thats what i got. prob look at around a 152 size board
Old 01-31-2009, 04:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Learn to ride before you hit up that terrain park... you'll just get sprayed if you're on your ass blocking hits all the time.

All brands make good boards and crap boards; just stay away from the entry-level Lamar, 5150, Morrow, etc.

At 160lbs, go for something in the 154 range to hit rails, bigger for anything else i.e. jumps, pipe, mountain.
markee is offline   Reply With Quote