Rossignol Scope or Burton Custom? Shopping for new Equip - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Peripheral

Default Rossignol Scope or Burton Custom? Shopping for new Equip

Hi guys I'm new to this board. I'm currently shopping for new board equipment and I would really appreciate some recommendations or advice!

Ride exp: 5 years but only 2 days/year. And for the last few years I've been helping my new friends so I did not improve much.

Location of ride: Green/Blue of Blackbomb/Whister, Sunpeak, Big White. Hope to get better and get into black.

Previous Equipment exp: Really crappy used set. I was very new to the sport and equipment. I got a binding that got stuck quite often, and Liquid boots that gave me a lot of heel lift. The 152cm GNU board felt okay. I rode it for 3 years. But overall a really bad experience. So I'm looking for new equipment.

Profile: Men, 5'7", 153pounds, size 8 feet. Looking for all mountain board/ride. I can spend up to $400 on board but much rather keeping it under $300.

I already bought a 2007 Burton Mission binding.
Boots currently looking at 2007 Burton Ruler size8 $139 but hasn't decided.

Board currently looking @ Burton Custom 148 and Rossignol Scope 148. My friend suggested to get a shorter board, so i think 148 is alright. My exp with 152 GNU is fine, but perhaps due to my crappy boots & binding, it wasn't as easy to manuvere as I wanted it to. So I thought I can get a shorter one.

I would just go ahead and get a Burton Custom, however the cheapest I can find is $350-400. And one of my concern is the easy chipping of the base, that I read from reviews.
As for Rossignol Scope I found one for $169. Seems like a great deal but I was not able to find much user reviews on this board. It is 1/2 price of the Burton Custom

Anyone has experience on Burton Custom or Rossignol Scope?
Or would recommend any other board or boots for my type of ride?

Thanks for any input!