looking to upgrade - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 12:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
cstmxv10

Default looking to upgrade

Hello all, I've been riding for about 4-5 years with the same setup and was thinking about doing a little upgrading. I currently ride a 2004 Burton Custom X 156, with '04 K2 V10 Magma bindings, and Salomon F20 boots sz10 ( I am 5'8 and 170ish). I am looking for suggestions on upgrades for mostly all-mountain. I feel the bindings could be a little less stiff or lighter, and am not sure what kind of bindings could go with the salomon boots. I have not ridden that many other setups so I'm not really sure how other nicer bindings should feel. I'm looking to spend around $150-200. Please post Brand/Model/Size and review/suggestions. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
cstmxv10

I keep my board in real great condition and i think i have at least another 3-5 good years on it, the boots look like they maybe starting to go in the next season or 2, so is it still worth getting new bindings and transferring them over when I get a new board. Or should i just wait until I get a complete new setup.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
cstmxv10

tttttttttt
Old 02-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

if the boards fine, get new bindings...
the Ride NRC's look pretty steeze...
all mountain, good quality, nice feel

it all depends on what you plan on doing... the rides are 260 bucks but theyre good all mountain bindings...

do you want step ins like flows?

if you do go for the Flow m 11's...

do some research and give us some more info...

also it takes us some time to respond, lol
Rocan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
cstmxv10

I prefer to not have step ins, and was looking for maybe something with a toe strap but not necessary. I would like something light with good response and under $200. I live on the east coast and will need to deal with the ice. I do take occasional trips to the west coast too. I barely spend anytime in the park. Also, I wear a size 10 Salomon F20 boot which is borderline M/L and not sure if I should get M or L bindings. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

I've read a lot of reviews that talked a lot about matching Cartels with the Custom X. I hear you need stiffer bindings to get the most out of the Custom X. But if you're getting a new board, I don't think you'll be happy with anything that's not at that level of play (the Custom X).

I read yesterday in a review of the Custom X, once you know your board is limiting you vs. your abilities, it's probably time to get a Custom X - something to that effect - of course not for freestyle.

Anyway, I'd check out the EST Cartels. I have the green ones and they're a bit stiff, but I love them (matched with a regular Custom), plus down the road you'd probably want to get another X and those are now getting the full ICS treatment which you could take advantage of with the EST bindings.
KnightedIbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
cstmxv10

Am I mistaken, or do the EST bindings need an updated board that will support them?(i.e. the old custom x doesn't have the right groves/holes to mount the bindings?)
Old 02-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
cstmxv10

A couple burton bindings that I was looking at were the P1.1's, regular cartels, and mission. But am interested in others that may be out there. Someone also recommended either Rome 390's or the arsenal. I'm looking for the right binding to try and get more out of the board taking into consideration that the board is 5 years old.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

the 390s are more park oriented...

im on the ice coast also.. you can hook up a toe strap to nearly any binding, just buy one from burton.

id say medium bindings. I have mediums and im size 11 shoes... they click in fine once you get the first notch through.
Rocan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
kMc

Check out Union forces or datas. I just got the forces and absolutely love them.
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote