Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   heel lift? what to do? I can not fit in to boots that are any smaller. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/12568-heel-lift-what-do-i-can.html)

zer0vette 02-01-2009 11:15 AM

heel lift? what to do? I can not fit in to boots that are any smaller.
 
I have Forum destroyer boots, size 12 and i get a bit of heel lift. I found these things.. Save on Booster Heel Anchors Snowboards Snowboarding Gear Equipment but i don;t exactly get what these do. Any ideas?

Thanks

Bones 02-01-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zer0vette (Post 120577)
I have Forum destroyer boots, size 12 and i get a bit of heel lift. I found these things.. Save on Booster Heel Anchors Snowboards Snowboarding Gear Equipment but i don;t exactly get what these do. Any ideas?

Thanks

Get a pair of J pads. They're dirt cheap...couple of bucks. They stick onto the outside of your liner and create a more defined heel pocket. Pretty much any shop that fits ski boots will have them or try tognar

Tognar Ski and Snowboard Boot Fitting Tools, Insoles, Footbeds and Inserts

jmacphee9 02-01-2009 12:15 PM

Booster Heel Anchors..... - Snowboarding.com

zer0vette 02-01-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmacphee9 (Post 120593)

Do you recommend those? i dont understand how they will do anything.

zer0vette 02-01-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones (Post 120583)
Get a pair of J pads. They're dirt cheap...couple of bucks. They stick onto the outside of your liner and create a more defined heel pocket. Pretty much any shop that fits ski boots will have them or try tognar

Tognar Ski and Snowboard Boot Fitting Tools, Insoles, Footbeds and Inserts

ill have to check on those next time i stop by the ski shop.

jmacphee9 02-01-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zer0vette (Post 120596)
Do you recommend those? i dont understand how they will do anything.

i do not have the slightest idea...thats how they go on at least lol, from your link i was just like wtfff

zer0vette 02-01-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmacphee9 (Post 120601)
i do not have the slightest idea...thats how they go on at least lol, from your link i was just like wtfff

lol. my thoughts exacgly. I think ill just try those feel things first.

arsenic0 02-01-2009 01:39 PM

Honestly, i would try some good insoles like Superfeet or the like and replace your insoles.
I bought them for other reasons(after seeing the cheap paper shit that was in my Rulers), but they also had the added effect of raising my foot up slightly higher in the boot all but eliminating my heel lifting that would happen. The boots fit even better(they felt great without) and i couldnt get the leverage to lift my heel while on my toes edge.

legallyillegal 02-02-2009 01:50 PM

What about boots that fit in the first place?

zer0vette 02-02-2009 02:21 PM

Welp what i found is that the heel lift is actually occuring in the liner and not the boot. Cheap boots maybe?? i dunno but i added an insole inside the liner and it feels good now. We'll see if this change achieves anything this wednesday when i hit the mountains.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2