YES. board - the Asym in particular - anyone have insight? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 11:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default YES. board - the Asym in particular - anyone have insight?

I have been spending some time looking for my next board and this YES. asym keeps poping up in my searches. Its a Twin asymetrical which is two components that I have never had in my boards.

I found some good reviews from various places on the web... but it seems like this board may be a little better for park riding. I like all mountain, a bit of freestyle but nothing more than what is presented to me naturally on the hill. I like carving through trees and high speed...

I cannot figure out if this board might fit my riding, but I am very intrigued by this board.
TyBardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

nothing? Has anyone ridden any YES. board?
Old 02-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

I've got a Yes greats in size 154 for sale. Ridden 3 days. 230, it's the same board as the yes ASYM, just a model older
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I don't think it's the right board for you based on your riding style.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBardy View Post
I have been spending some time looking for my next board and this YES. asym keeps poping up in my searches. Its a Twin asymetrical which is two components that I have never had in my boards.

I found some good reviews from various places on the web... but it seems like this board may be a little better for park riding. I like all mountain, a bit of freestyle but nothing more than what is presented to me naturally on the hill. I like carving through trees and high speed...

I cannot figure out if this board might fit my riding, but I am very intrigued by this board.
Get a Jones flagship for sure. That board will not go as fast as you want and when it does go fast it'll chatter like a bitch. If you really want more of a fun board get a mountain twin.
Bamfboardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I picked one up this year and wasn't impressed with it. It's definitely not park oriented and for free ride I've found better. These were my comments in another thread;

"I'm riding a 2014 Capita NAS right now, and at 159 it's still lighter, poppier, and more fun to freeride than the ASYM. I own a YES Basic and YES Big City too. But I think the camrock excels in powder and when the flex is playful. It feels like they tried to stiffen the ASYM up from the old Greats and now it's sort of in "no mans land" in my opinion. I thought the camrock combined with this new stiffer profile might feel more stable or catch free in the pipe and on jumps but it was just sort of awkward and unnecessary, and I found myself feeling a lot better on the Capita. Still the ASYM is a nice board but there isn't an application I would reach for it for."
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

The greats that I have is a true medium flex. The board feels very lively, and has almost the same amount of pop as a DH2. I really liked the board, I just am not all that comfortable on a 54. Wish I would have grabbed the '57. But everything BA had said a hit it is true. It's an outstanding board. If they went to stiff with the ASYM, the Greats was the last winner in that true twin all mountain board.

Mine is basically brand new. If anyone is looking for a '54, hit me up
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Buddy of mine got this board and rode it for the first time yesterday.

He was riding a 2014 YES TDF previous.

He LOVES the Asym. He was carving like a hardbooter and then dropping life drops, then hit the park to hit the boxes.

He says he hasn't had a board that did all those as well as it did!

I think he was partially clouded by the "new board" hype though too. That and he's a sick rider that can do anything anyways.
ek9max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

And you couldn't be any farther apart than the TDF and the ASYM. I've owned both and the TDF is soft, doesn't hold an edge well, and just a blah ride in my opinion. The ASYM would seem awesome coming from the TDF.
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamfboardman View Post
Get a Jones flagship for sure. That board will not go as fast as you want and when it does go fast it'll chatter like a bitch. If you really want more of a fun board get a mountain twin.
About the Jones Flagship... it really sounds like a fantastic board except I live in AZ so a vast majority of my riding is done on hard pack, groomers, man blown snow, etc.... The flagship seems like it would be a little out of place in these conditions... on a side note, the Flagship might be the sexiest board of the season IMO