Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Advice needed: 2013 Burton Aftermath vs K2 Happy Hour (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/126233-advice-needed-2013-burton-aftermath-vs.html)

SoCalBoarder1 02-09-2014 12:49 PM

Advice needed: 2013 Burton Aftermath vs K2 Happy Hour

Hello all,

I have it narrowed down to these 2 boards, similar and price and I already have compatible Channel Bindings.

5"7 175, size 10 Boots. I ride mostly here in socal i.e groomers.

My riding style is all mountain versatile, alot of crusing at speed, carving, I also hit jumps and boxes..

Any thoughts?

blackbeard 02-09-2014 01:42 PM

I'm no expert so my advice is based on advice I have received on this forum and other threads I have seen.

You will be fine on anything from 154-160. I would say 156 is a good place to start.

SoCalBoarder1 02-09-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbeard (Post 1517961)
I'm no expert so my advice is based on advice I have received on this forum and other threads I have seen.

You will be fine on anything from 154-160. I would say 156 is a good place to start.

Thanks for the reply! Ive had a 157, a little too long for my short inseam..

Anyway, Im gonna order soon, but I dont know if I want the flatline k2 Happy hour or the full camber Burton Aftermath?

Anyone? :D

Naturesabre 02-09-2014 04:08 PM

where do you ride in CA? For most places in SoCal(I've lived there my whole life until last year) a traditional camber board would probably be better just because they offer better edge hold on the not-so-great snow there.
That being said, the happy hour supposedly has pretty good hold and is a really well-rounded board for doing pretty much anything you want in-bounds on a resort, I can't much comment on it out of experience though only what I've read/heard.

SoCalBoarder1 02-09-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naturesabre (Post 1518337)
where do you ride in CA? For most places in SoCal(I've lived there my whole life until last year) a traditional camber board would probably be better just because they offer better edge hold on the not-so-great snow there.
That being said, the happy hour supposedly has pretty good hold and is a really well-rounded board for doing pretty much anything you want in-bounds on a resort, I can't much comment on it out of experience though only what I've read/heard.

Season pass holder at Mtn High, usually do a few days at Bear, a few at Mammoth, and usually make a few powder runs in different states since like you said, snow isnt the best here.

I agree on camber board for good edge hold, less wash outs.. however, Ive read the Happy Hour is pretty good also... Thanks for the responce..

Still on the fence.. 50/50...

Dago91 02-09-2014 04:53 PM

Hey man get a happy hour.. have a buddies who rides one in so cal bear and summit he really digs it great edge hold.

Naturesabre 02-09-2014 05:02 PM

well mtn high is a very freestyle oriented mtn, features to hit everywhere really so if you want to utilize that availability to its fullest the happy hour would be nice. especially since you ride primarily mountain high you won't need an all mountain that has a strong emphasis on float.

jdang307 02-09-2014 07:44 PM

Are you looking at the 2013 or 2014 happy hour? Two different boards.

SoCalBoarder1 02-10-2014 01:14 AM

Okay folks!

Ended up with the 2013 Burton Aftermath! :yahoo::yahoo: