Board Stolen, need some advice on new bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ddutty

Default Board Stolen, need some advice on new bindings

So I was out having a good time at Paoli Peaks in Indiana when some a**hole jacked my board (Sims Fader with Chasey Lain on it, I'm gonna miss her) I really like this board, but I was probably due for an upgrade anyway.

So today I ordered a Rome Flag 163. I have had my eye on it for a while, so I figured now was the time to go for it I weigh about 215 lbs, I am 6'5" and wear a size 13 boot (Burton Motos)

I am looking for some bindings to go with my setup. My favorite stuff to ride is fast downhill stuff with terrain that will let you sail through the air a bit, and powder with the occasional stint of moguls. I ride mostly blues for speed and blacks to play on the terrain. I guess I would be an all mountain rider.

I thought the Burton Cartels looked pretty decent, but I am open to suggestions on everything. I am not stuck on burton and ride, so any brand is fine as long as it is a quality binding. I have been riding flow bindings, but I want to switch back to something more traditional, most likely with a toe strap.

Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rome Arsenals will be $108 tomorrow

you can also find last year's version (almost identical) for around that price

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Arsenals are quite stiff bindings arent they? They may work for him but he didnt really mention what type of bindings he had on his board. If he likes jumps the arsenals may tear him up.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
powderjet81

Because you rock burton boots i would recommend cartels. Burton boots don't fit well with rome bindings, and likewise rome boots (and many other brands) don't fit well in burton bindings.

Burton like to design their products so that they are only compatable with their own gear.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjet81 View Post
Because you rock burton boots i would recommend cartels. Burton boots don't fit well with rome bindings, and likewise rome boots (and many other brands) don't fit well in burton bindings.

Burton like to design their products so that they are only compatable with their own gear.
burton boots will fit fine with rome, its just the other way around that sucks...the back of burtons boots is cut back further, whereas most companies arent so it feels like your riding with your forward lean up 150%
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

op:

check every craigslist in the state, as well as local classifieds (and online)

that board is a pretty unique board; hopefully the thief is dumb and tries to sell it

GOD IS DONUT
Old 02-03-2009, 12:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
EvilScience

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
burton boots will fit fine with rome, its just the other way around that sucks...the back of burtons boots is cut back further, whereas most companies arent so it feels like your riding with your forward lean up 150%
I agree - no problems here with Rome Arsenals and Burton Rulers. However, I had to size up on the bindings because the 07/08 Ruler shell is pretty bulky (my size 8 boots needed the large binding...). Still, all in all the fit is snug and stiff.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I can't believe someone at Paoli would jack your stuff. I used to hit that place all the time. I had a season pass there. I always thought it was pretty laid back so I never locked my stuff up. Sorry about your board, that's rough.

As for arsenals, I have them and I can testify that they are amazing. I'm not entirely sure you need them in Indy, though. I used them with my old Anthem board and they were great on the machined stuff and late-season crud, but I didn't really see what they did until I got out west. It was a lot easier to flip the board around in the deep snow. I will say that they are not great for taking a landing. They're are responsive but don't offer much forgiveness when you hit the ground.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ddutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
I can't believe someone at Paoli would jack your stuff. I used to hit that place all the time. I had a season pass there. I always thought it was pretty laid back so I never locked my stuff up. Sorry about your board, that's rough.

As for arsenals, I have them and I can testify that they are amazing. I'm not entirely sure you need them in Indy, though. I used them with my old Anthem board and they were great on the machined stuff and late-season crud, but I didn't really see what they did until I got out west. It was a lot easier to flip the board around in the deep snow. I will say that they are not great for taking a landing. They're are responsive but don't offer much forgiveness when you hit the ground.
Yeah I have been going to Paoli for a while and I've never had any problems... but there is always one bad person out there who will ruin it. I'm not really getting the bindings with paoli in mind, I go to Colorado for a week every year and that's when I get most of my riding in. Actually my plan right now is to move to Colorado this summer, just looking for job opportunities right now. I will probably go with the Arsenals if I can get any confirmation that the Large binding will match up with a size 13 Burton Moto. I wish I had a local shop to test it...

And I have been watching Craigslist and ebay for my stolen board, and I have some of my friends watching the hill for it... I have a feeling it will show up, there aren't many places around here to snowboard
Old 02-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rome's L/XL fits non-shrinkage-tech US sizes 8-14

GOD IS DONUT