How can you tell if your board is extruded or sintered? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 12:10 AM
harobikes333
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
How can you tell if your board is extruded or sintered?

I just bought an Agenda Ride. Ride Snowboards | Boards | Agenda

I'm just curious as to how to tell if it has an extruded base or a sintered base.


Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Technine Icon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,252
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Extruded bases are more curvy, while sintered are flatter. It's pretty hard to tell the difference just by looking u would have to get the info on the board to really know for sure. I'm not 100% sure but i think your board is extruded.
Technine Icon is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 12:30 AM
harobikes333
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Yeah I'm pretty sure it is too. Eh oh well, I don't go all that often (couple times a year) so I doubt I'll notice a difference. Better than a rental.

Oh and thanks for the reply
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 01:29 AM
Veteran Member
 
jmacphee9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ehh the only thing i can tell from what ive seen because extruded bases are much rarer is that they are rougher. the banana is the only extruded base ive really played around with and its 10xs rougher then most sintered bases
jmacphee9 is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 02:01 AM
Veteran Member
 
arsenic0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 2,106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wish their stupid site just told you these things..took me a few tries to find a site..

Quote:
Ride twin shaping and an easy-to-handle price make the Agenda the best freestyle value around. Ideal for the inspired freestyle rider or as an addition to the quiver, it offers big-baller performance at a next-to-nothing price. Key Features of The Ride Agenda 142cm Snowboard: Thin Con ABS Sidewalls - Responsive ABS Alloy Foundation Tuned Core - Tip-to-tail wood core, Proven durability, Retains camber and flex Biaxial Glass - 90 Degree and 0 Degree angles and Lightweight Fusion 1500 Extruded Base

'09 151 Never Summer SL-R
'10 K2 T1 DB Bots
'09 Burton Cartel Bindings
arsenic0 is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 02:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Dawg Catcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Back to Arizona
Posts: 915
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
taken off evogear easy 15 sec search for your board. try using google more often then not you will get your answer faster then it takes you to post somthing meaningless. not to sound like an ass but try searching the interwebz are powerful.


oh and to keep on the not sounding like an ass train. its "i just bought a Ride agenda" not I just bought a agenda ride. there is no recongized company called agenda making a ride board.


Last edited by Dawg Catcher; 02-03-2009 at 02:20 AM.
Dawg Catcher is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 02:23 AM
Veteran Member
 
arsenic0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 2,106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher View Post
taken off evogear easy 15 sec search for your board. try using google more often then not you will get your answer faster then it takes you to post somthing meaningless. not to sound like an ass but try searching the interwebz are powerful.


oh and to keep on the not sounding like an ass train. its "i just bought a Ride agenda" not I just bought a agenda ride. there is no recongized company called agenda making a ride board.
I have personally never heard anybody call you an ass or bitch Dawg, i dont know why you feel this way...

'09 151 Never Summer SL-R
'10 K2 T1 DB Bots
'09 Burton Cartel Bindings
arsenic0 is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 02:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Dawg Catcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Back to Arizona
Posts: 915
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
I have personally never heard anybody call you an ass or bitch Dawg, i dont know why you feel this way...
ehh i just feel like i dont fit in because im not afraid to call out the douche baggery/repost/rethread/faggots/dumbshits/fucking stupidty/people who should be banned on their first post/lameness/crying/whining/fucking dumbshit posts that more often then not happen here. dont get me wrong i love it and love seeing this. i will probably get suspended/banned for saying this but the mod staff needs to step up and start deleting threads and consolidation of repost shit. just FYI to the people who run this place sorry but imprprovement is needed here. welp this will probably be my last post seeing as i called out the whole board but eh its okay.

but i still love it here just needs tons of improvement.

Dawg Catcher is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 08:40 AM
tands05
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher View Post
ehh i just feel like i dont fit in because im not afraid to call out the douche baggery/repost/rethread/faggots/dumbshits/fucking stupidty/people who should be banned on their first post/lameness/crying/whining/fucking dumbshit posts that more often then not happen here. dont get me wrong i love it and love seeing this. i will probably get suspended/banned for saying this but the mod staff needs to step up and start deleting threads and consolidation of repost shit. just FYI to the people who run this place sorry but imprprovement is needed here. welp this will probably be my last post seeing as i called out the whole board but eh its okay.

but i still love it here just needs tons of improvement.
While I agree that these people should be called out, it sounds like you are having a bad day. Is everything alright?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Dawg Catcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Back to Arizona
Posts: 915
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tands05 View Post
While I agree that these people should be called out, it sounds like you are having a bad day. Is everything alright?
no i never have a bad day. but thank you for the e-hug

Dawg Catcher is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome