How can you tell if your board is extruded or sintered? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 11:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
harobikes333

Default How can you tell if your board is extruded or sintered?

I just bought an Agenda Ride. Ride Snowboards | Boards | Agenda

I'm just curious as to how to tell if it has an extruded base or a sintered base.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009, 11:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Extruded bases are more curvy, while sintered are flatter. It's pretty hard to tell the difference just by looking u would have to get the info on the board to really know for sure. I'm not 100% sure but i think your board is extruded.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
harobikes333

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is too. Eh oh well, I don't go all that often (couple times a year) so I doubt I'll notice a difference. Better than a rental.

Oh and thanks for the reply
Old 02-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

ehh the only thing i can tell from what ive seen because extruded bases are much rarer is that they are rougher. the banana is the only extruded base ive really played around with and its 10xs rougher then most sintered bases
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I wish their stupid site just told you these things..took me a few tries to find a site..

Quote:
Ride twin shaping and an easy-to-handle price make the Agenda the best freestyle value around. Ideal for the inspired freestyle rider or as an addition to the quiver, it offers big-baller performance at a next-to-nothing price. Key Features of The Ride Agenda 142cm Snowboard: Thin Con ABS Sidewalls - Responsive ABS Alloy Foundation Tuned Core - Tip-to-tail wood core, Proven durability, Retains camber and flex Biaxial Glass - 90 Degree and 0 Degree angles and Lightweight Fusion 1500 Extruded Base
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

taken off evogear easy 15 sec search for your board. try using google more often then not you will get your answer faster then it takes you to post somthing meaningless. not to sound like an ass but try searching the interwebz are powerful.

oh and to keep on the not sounding like an ass train. its "i just bought a Ride agenda" not I just bought a agenda ride. there is no recongized company called agenda making a ride board.

Last edited by Dawg Catcher; 02-03-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Dawg Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher View Post
taken off evogear easy 15 sec search for your board. try using google more often then not you will get your answer faster then it takes you to post somthing meaningless. not to sound like an ass but try searching the interwebz are powerful.

oh and to keep on the not sounding like an ass train. its "i just bought a Ride agenda" not I just bought a agenda ride. there is no recongized company called agenda making a ride board.
I have personally never heard anybody call you an ass or bitch Dawg, i dont know why you feel this way...
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
I have personally never heard anybody call you an ass or bitch Dawg, i dont know why you feel this way...
ehh i just feel like i dont fit in because im not afraid to call out the douche baggery/repost/rethread/faggots/dumbshits/fucking stupidty/people who should be banned on their first post/lameness/crying/whining/fucking dumbshit posts that more often then not happen here. dont get me wrong i love it and love seeing this. i will probably get suspended/banned for saying this but the mod staff needs to step up and start deleting threads and consolidation of repost shit. just FYI to the people who run this place sorry but imprprovement is needed here. welp this will probably be my last post seeing as i called out the whole board but eh its okay.

but i still love it here just needs tons of improvement.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
tands05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg Catcher View Post
ehh i just feel like i dont fit in because im not afraid to call out the douche baggery/repost/rethread/faggots/dumbshits/fucking stupidty/people who should be banned on their first post/lameness/crying/whining/fucking dumbshit posts that more often then not happen here. dont get me wrong i love it and love seeing this. i will probably get suspended/banned for saying this but the mod staff needs to step up and start deleting threads and consolidation of repost shit. just FYI to the people who run this place sorry but imprprovement is needed here. welp this will probably be my last post seeing as i called out the whole board but eh its okay.

but i still love it here just needs tons of improvement.
While I agree that these people should be called out, it sounds like you are having a bad day. Is everything alright?
Old 02-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tands05 View Post
While I agree that these people should be called out, it sounds like you are having a bad day. Is everything alright?
no i never have a bad day. but thank you for the e-hug