Setup Opinion - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Setup Opinion

I went snowboarding for my first time about a week and a half ago. It was fun, definitely did my fair share of falling, but a good time. Knew I was going back yesterday and this coming Wednesday. So instead of paying the $75 to rent a board for 3 days from a local place here, I decided to buy my own setup lol. I went in knowing what I wanted, but maybe since its later in the season or for whatever reason they didn't have most of the things I wanted to get.

What I wanted was a k2 anagram board, formula bindings, and to look at the raider boots. The only thing they had in stock in my size was the anagram board. I ended up getting Ride Orion boots and k2 cinch ctc bindings.

So here is are my questions. Do you feel that is a decent setup? Does the board come pre-waxed? Also, my boot size I bought was an 8. A medium binding went from 5-8 and a large went from 8-11 so I could either be on the high side of the medium binding or the low side of the large binding. I asked the guy where I bought my stuff, he recommended the large. Was this a good idea to get the large or should I have gotten the medium?

I used the setup yesterday and it was a night and day difference in my riding ability. With my rental my 1st day, I couldn't stop and couldn't turn very well. Literally when I took my setup out, I could have the board sideways, stop fairly quickly, switch sides, and I was in shock about how much better I was just cause of the new setup. Sorry for the essay lol.

Last edited by Nmbr1Ballr; 02-03-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Nmbr1Ballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I personally wouldn't have gone with the Cinch's but in terms of sizing you should be fine. For a beginner you wouldn't notice the difference in the weight of them compared to a regular binding so don't stress. The anagram is a good board and the Orion boots should be fine. Enjoy the rest of the season and welcome to the Stoke!
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote