looking at this used snowboard, what you think? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
powderboy

Default looking at this used snowboard, what you think?

hey all, im a newbie snowboarder looking to get a good starter to intermidiate board to grow into. I dont really want to spend more than 200 for the whole setup. I am 6' tall and 185 lbs. and I am looking at this board I found on craigslist. Here is its specs:

I am selling a Nameless Snowboard (black top white bottom) with Green Solomon bindings. The board is 59"+ aprox in length (I believe its a 155 board), 10" wide at the narrow point in the center, and 12" wide as it flares out. The bindings are adult size but fully adjustable. I wear an 11-11 1/2 shoe, and there was room for smaller and larger boots without an issue. Solomon bindings are solid!

A black nylon bag is included.

I have only ridden it maybe 3-4 times, and then suffered an injury (in volleyball funny enough) that makes it unlikely that I will be able to snowboard ever again. The board's top layer is chipped a tad on one corner (can see it picture), but otherwise it is in mostly new condition. The bindings are fairly mint as well.

This rig was an easy $350 - asking $150. No trades, delivery is possible.

He also noted this:

A snowboard instructor friend of mine helped me pick it out as a good started board a few years ago. We were at some sports place at the time (I forget), and I do not recall it having a brand name. He called it a "nameless" board, which could be generic. I purchased the Solomon bindings from Vertical Drop later (really nice ones), and picked up the bag from a friend.

What do you guys think, would this be a good buy? I would just need to pick up some good boots then if I were to get this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

i can virtually guarantee that it's a piece of crap

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

a nameless board....ouch, they sucked so hard they didnt even give them a name..
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
a nameless board....ouch, they sucked so hard they didnt even give them a name..

Plus the board is waaaayyy too small for you...59" translated into cm is 147.5. At your weight, the board could snap like a tooth pick.

Hit up Sierra Snowboards before the end of the day today and see if you can put together something which may cost you slightly more, but will be of much better quality and fit you better.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
powderboy

ok, thanks guys...That was kind of what I was suspecting, thats why I asked
Old 02-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

With your stats you should be riding something between a 157 and 163ish depending on your riding style. You should also look at a board that is considered a wide since your gonna be wearing a boot about size 11. $200 for an entire setup is very cheap and usually in snowboarding equipment you get what you pay for (end of season sales being an exception). Try and save up a little more money for a budget or wait a few more weeks and just keep your eyes open for really good sales.
darkninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja View Post
With your stats you should be riding something between a 157 and 163ish depending on your riding style. You should also look at a board that is considered a wide since your gonna be wearing a boot about size 11. $200 for an entire setup is very cheap and usually in snowboarding equipment you get what you pay for (end of season sales being an exception). Try and save up a little more money for a budget or wait a few more weeks and just keep your eyes open for really good sales.
What he said. Even the cheapest of boots is going to cost you 75-100 bucks...
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
powderboy

That is why I was trying to find a good used setup, somebody that wants to get rid of some good used equipment because they upgraded.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
DennisK

ask for pics
Old 02-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Definately still a no, you can atleast find a board with name on it for that price lol...like pick up someones old Burton Blunt or something...
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote