Novice looking for advice on upgrade - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
finksmart

Default Novice looking for advice on upgrade

I've been riding my Burton Twin Retro since 06, which was when I started and now looking to upgrade my board and bindings. I ride almost exclusively on the icy coast but the ice doesn't bother me. I ride all over the mountain but tend to stay out of the park. However I still hit small kickers here and there. What I'm looking to progress on is to do more ground tricks i.e. presses and butter.

I'm 5"8 and weigh 135-140. My current board is 152 but I find it stiff. I just got my Solomon F22 6.5 and they are great. My bindings came with the board and I do not know the name of it so I understand if it's a bit tough to give recommendation on. I'm looking for a board that isn't too stiff so I can learn my ground tricks but at the same time handle the speed I enjoy from freeriding. Does it sound like a oxymoron? I know this is my first post so if I missed anything please let me know. Thanks.