Which Boot? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kaabachi13

Default Which Boot?

So i went to my local store looking for some new boots... I have done a lot of mountain freestyle riding and moving my way into the park now....I tried on a few different pairs of boots the two main contenders i tried were the...

Burton Ozone

Burton Jeremy's

The Ozone's had mad flex to them, something i wasn't use too, but really liked...The guy helping me said they were a dam good board boot, but that it wasn't great very mountain riding, since you well have to put way more effort into your turns due to the flex... on a scale of 1-10 i would rate the flex at 9/10...I really liked the feel of this boot but don't want to totally remove mountain riding from my routine

The Jeremy's fit pretty well, not as comfortable as the Ozone, the flex was more 7/10...which felt like it would be good with either mountain or board since it was in the middle area...they reminded me a lot of my old boot though...

Anyone have any ideas/thoughts on which would be better suited too basically doing everything? I'm leaning towards the Ozone's against the retailer's advice just because they felt the best, but will they really make mountain riding that more much difficult with the extra flex?

Thanks for all Comments/Suggestions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

they are both really soft boots, the jones are probably a better boot for the price. that boot has tons of tech in it for its price, rare for burton..

honestly neither are well suited for all mountain, they will make hte mt a little more work to run around. i wear pretty stiff boots myself and im pretty much a park rat, i hate the feeling of having no control with my legs
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

don't bother with the jeremy boots

honestly, they're both shit

GOD IS DONUT

Last edited by legallyillegal; 02-03-2009 at 05:30 PM.
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
don't bother with the jeremy boots

honestly, they're both shit
not good..

check out celsius for sure..no problems whatsover hear on day 25ish..a guy workin at the mt wears his everyday and his are 4 years old..
Old 02-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kaabachi13

ah alright, thanks for that link and both your advice...

The thing I'm still a bit confused about is if i should go stiff, medium, or soft?

Like i said i hit a lot of natural jibs and really want to progress into park like jumps and small rails/boxes
Old 02-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

well for big jumping you ideally do not want soft boots, you want a medium flex. if your a street jibber, where like the only thing you do are rails, boxes, step down rails, etc.. you want soft boots. stiff boots are for free riding..
Old 02-03-2009, 06:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

Personally, I like stiffer boots, if your foot's slopping around in your boot, you won't have much control of your board and you're more likely to get injured IMO. I've used soft boots before and thought they felt like crap. I just bought a pair of Ions and am amazed on how responsive they are and I had no problems in the park. Buy the ones that feel the best, this is the most important part of your setup.
mijinkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
banggooooo

Salomon boots FTW. I have a pair of F20's from 3 years ago and my heel barely slips up. Most comfortable boot i've ridden.