Help with Flow bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help with Flow bindings

Hi all,

I've been boarding for about four years now, and just recently bought my first setup. I'd read a lot of good things (and some bad) about Flow bindings, but never actually used them before. I ended up finding a reasonably priced setup that came with 09 Flow Muse bindings.

I've taken them out twice so far, and I don't think I've got them set right. Been tweaking as I go along, and seems to be getting better, but I was hoping someone could give me some pointers on getting them set right.

I've seen a lot of people on the hills that get into & out of them so effortlessly. I'm hoping that'll be me pretty soon

Thanks!
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

i went from older flows to the new nxt AT's this year and found they're a bit "grippy" then the older models. This due i part to the change in materials used for the straps (if you can call them that). Long story short, you're not alone, the new flows grip your boot more i find. great for board control/contact, but make you sometimes look a little douchey at the end of a run fumbling to pull your foot out. Try adjusting your inner heel and toe rachets to back off the pressure a bit.
brownSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a shot.

I also noticed that when other people put their highbacks down, they stay down, whereas mine are almost springloaded. Do I just have the cable adjusted way too tight, or is this simply a matter of them still being new?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ddutty

I found that when I put more forward lean on the highback it made them spring up more when I tried to take them off. I just kinda dealt with it, and would bend over and hold the highback down while I pulled my foot out.

Flows can be a real pain to set correctly, but once you get it they are very handy. Just keep working at it, and remember you can get them too tight. Play around with your highback lean angle as well, because that will make a big difference in the feel of the bindings.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

It took 2 visits to Centennial Park (adjusting & readjusting the power strap & highback cable) + a full day of riding at Mt. St. Louis Moonstone, but I finally found the sweet spot!

Ddutty, you were totally right about having them too tight. I'm actually really surprised at how loose the power strap needed to be. I found that even my boots didn't need to be done up too tight. I love these bindings

Getting into them at the top of the hill is no problem...still not the most graceful picture trying to get my foot out at the end of a run, but good enough.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

getting your foot out will come with practice to. The hardest part is getting out in the middle of a run, I still look like a flopping fish sometimes.
bobepfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
fossilX

I just recently bought some 09 FLOW NXT AT and it did take me lots of tinkering to get them just right, just keep adjusting til you get it right, maybe try to get them adjusted at home