Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Anyone ridden Trapper or Unity Kapow (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/127137-anyone-ridden-trapper-unity-kapow.html)

JVee 02-11-2014 05:33 PM

Anyone ridden Trapper or Unity Kapow
 
Just wondering if anyone had ridden / demoed / owned a Trapper model, more specifically one of their twin pow shapes? Also interested to see if anyone has ridden the new Unity Kapow model....Twin pow shapes..interesting

ComaShell 02-12-2014 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVee (Post 1527921)
Just wondering if anyone had ridden / demoed / owned a Trapper model, more specifically one of their twin pow shapes? Also interested to see if anyone has ridden the new Unity Kapow model....Twin pow shapes..interesting

I personally haven't ridden either, but everyone swears by Trapper here in Revy... They look dope and I'm hoping to get out for no-board with them soon.

killclimbz 02-12-2014 08:48 AM

Unity is a solid manufacturer. Don't know about the Kapow, but you are not going to get a poorly made board from them.

Trapper has good pedigree behind them too.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

JVee 02-12-2014 09:02 AM

Im very aware of the history of both companies. Just looking for a but of first hand experience. Surely someone has ridden, reviewed one or the other.

JVee 02-14-2014 03:25 AM

Anyone? Bloody Never Summer syndrome going through this forum again!

killclimbz 02-14-2014 06:44 AM

Sorry man. I've ridden the Dominion models from Unity and loved them. I have not seen any Trapper boards in the states. You should get one and review it for us. :)

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

JVee 02-17-2014 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killclimbz (Post 1537321)
Sorry man. I've ridden the Dominion models from Unity and loved them. I have not seen any Trapper boards in the states. You should get one and review it for us. :)

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

How was the Dominion in terms of construction? Seems as though the handcrafted independent snowboard companies get little exposure while companies like NS, Burton, Arbor market hard. Maybe too, the independent companies are charging higher prices for their product, hence the smaller interest

killclimbz 02-17-2014 07:39 AM

Unity boards are made burly. Bomber contruction like you get out of Never Summer or Venture. Must be a Colorado thing. Unity also does the ptex sidewall thing. Very durable boards.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

JVee 02-17-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killclimbz (Post 1543777)
Unity boards are made burly. Bomber contruction like you get out of Never Summer or Venture. Must be a Colorado thing. Unity also does the ptex sidewall thing. Very durable boards.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Yes, that seems to be confirmed by a few crew who have ridden them. One of the riders at the local stores reported he jumped from the Dominion to the Kapow and loves it. Seems like a board that can ride a broad spectrum of style and terrain


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2