Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   some advice before my buy (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/127201-some-advice-before-my-buy.html)

Sii315 02-11-2014 08:18 PM

some advice before my buy

so after doing some research it still seems like im unsure and need some advice and feed back from members who have experience with the burton nug or for those whom just like to chime in. so, lets start by what size i should ride....knowing that i can ride this board up to 10 cm would put me on a 142 (im 168 lbs 5'7 and sz 8.5 boots) usually ride a 149 to 151 and mostly ride park. but the simple fact that its a 142 creeps me out ad thinking i should go with a 146 on the hand i want to get the most out of the board on the type of riding i do. the "board finder" on the burton website matched me @ 100% for the 142 and 96% for the 146...but nothings better then feedback from real riders. and my last question would be the what binding would be best compatible for this board...again spend most of my time in the park and playing around the mountain but would also charge down time to time...this is my first burton board and first board thats not a 4 hole pattern.

thank you in advance for your advice and help
shred up!!! :thumbsup:

Lamps 02-11-2014 08:27 PM

If you get a reflex binding you can use it on other non channel boards, whereas EST will only fit the channel boards from burton.

Having said this I'm dedicated to the est and channel system.

If you want a higher end binding genesis would be a good match.

Sii315 02-11-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamps (Post 1528545)
If you get a reflex binding you can use it on other non channel boards, whereas EST will only fit the channel boards from burton.

Having said this I'm dedicated to the est and channel system.

If you want a higher end binding genesis would be a good match.

thanks i want to stick with an est binding seeing that it has the ics and getting a reflex would defeat the purpose lol how about malavita wing backs or reg or cartels genesis are out of my pice range

any input on the deck its self??

Lamps 02-11-2014 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sii315 (Post 1528665)
thanks i want to stick with an est binding seeing that it has the ics and getting a reflex would defeat the purpose lol how about malavita wing backs or reg or cartels genesis are out of my pice range

any input on the deck its self??

If you have a favorite burton binding go with that, I used my diodes to demo the Nug and really liked it (most people probably wouldn't like that combo) so it's really your preference.

Cartels or vitas would be good matches too.

Sii315 02-12-2014 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamps (Post 1529017)
If you have a favorite burton binding go with that, I used my diodes to demo the Nug and really liked it (most people probably wouldn't like that combo) so it's really your preference.

Cartels or vitas would be good matches too.

Don't mean to keep asking you Q's but as a reference
What is your height weight size board you normally use and what size nug did u ride and also last but not least, how did you like it??
Thanks for the help I highly appriciate it

Lamps 02-12-2014 07:06 AM

I can't remember the size, it was way shorter than what I usually ride.

Unless you plan on riding in powder I'd get the shorter one, that's the point of the Nug.

Sii315 02-12-2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamps (Post 1529457)
I can't remember the size, it was way shorter than what I usually ride.

Unless you plan on riding in powder I'd get the shorter one, that's the point of the Nug.

Did u like it over all?? And yeah i mostly ride in the north east so not really any pow